Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ 2024 early access - Page: 2
When creating "Add List > Create List Folder" and "Add Filter"
there is no option to select the root directory.

Please be sure to reintegrate !!!

Posted Mon 18 Mar 24 @ 12:31 pm
@groovindj I have no button images (they are all blank) but hovering over does give the regular context (if you have tooltips enabled I guess)...I think that's a bug too.

@stephane thank you for confirming that it was a problem (and not my ignorance/misunderstanding). I'll try the reset option in the current stable release and get back to you on it wrt the result.

I just wanted to re-highlight this question again (before it gets lost):

Is there any plan to integrate Nextcloud/OwnCloud as storage providers?

I personally use nextcloud as it gives me the option to completely host and serve my data myself from my home, but there are also 3rd party hosters that also provide it as an option.

Posted Mon 18 Mar 24 @ 2:18 pm
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
I have no button images (they are all blank) but hovering over does give the regular context (if you have tooltips enabled I guess)...I think that's a bug too.
yes it's a bug when using a skin with custom browser. we'll fix

DJ VinylTouch wrote :
Is there any plan to integrate Nextcloud/OwnCloud as storage providers?
no, no plans to integrate those, sorry.

Posted Mon 18 Mar 24 @ 3:36 pm
@Stephane thanks for the clarification. I don't suppose that the cloud storage API is/would be available to VirtualDJ extensions (in case I want to look into doing it myself)?

Posted Mon 18 Mar 24 @ 4:44 pm
It's nice to have an upgrade but where are the M3U Playlist files exported to? Need to have an option to export either as a MyList file or M3U.

Posted Mon 18 Mar 24 @ 5:16 pm
Have you tried clicking the export option? If you give it a try, you'll see what happens...

Posted Mon 18 Mar 24 @ 6:20 pm
groovindj wrote :
Have you tried clicking the export option? If you give it a try, you'll see what happens...

Yes, But the option should be open to the user to decide.

Posted Mon 18 Mar 24 @ 6:29 pm
You tried it, but you don't think the option is open to the user?

It's a standard OS file "save as" window. You can save it wherever you want to.

Posted Mon 18 Mar 24 @ 6:44 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Playlist is now under my lists, also in Local Music? My playlist are not in either place.
Also Found History under ideas is this where it is now where is will be stored? Now over half of my history is not there.

Posted Mon 18 Mar 24 @ 7:03 pm
groovindj wrote :
You tried it, but you don't think the option is open to the user?

It's a standard OS file "save as" window. You can save it wherever you want to.

No, The option is not open to the user to decide. Originally my Playlists that I curated where saved as an M3U file to the Playlists folder. Now its sent to the the MyLists folder as a new file format and yet another export needs to be done to create an M3U file.

Also cannot add new folders, especially a Virtual Folder.

Posted Mon 18 Mar 24 @ 7:38 pm
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
where the artist is supposed to be on the files list. its missing, even when that is enabled

Posted Mon 18 Mar 24 @ 7:53 pm
nightlightsdisco wrote :

Yes you can. See earlier in the thread.

Posted Mon 18 Mar 24 @ 8:01 pm
nightlightsdisco wrote :
Originally my Playlists that I curated where saved as an M3U file to the Playlists folder. Now its sent to the the MyLists folder as a new file format and yet another export needs to be done to create an M3U file.
There are very very few users who have a legitimate reason to want their playlists to be in m3u instead of xml (the .vdjfolder format).
Mostly it's advanced users who have a system to export the .m3u to other software, and in most cases they quickly found out that it's even easier to export a xml file.
But we are listening, if we find that there are indeed enough valid reasons to want m3u, we might add a config option to keep a m3u copy alongside the new xml, for those advanced use.
So what is your use-case exactly?

nightlightsdisco wrote :

Select MyLists folder and click on the text that says "click here to add a list"

Posted Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 7:20 am
Benz Werner wrote :
When creating "Add List > Create List Folder" and "Add Filter"
there is no option to select the root directory.

Please be sure to reintegrate !!!
we're trying to push people away from cluttering the root.
so there's indeed no button to create a list of filter directly in the root, but if you want anyway, you can just create a new list in mylist and immediately drag it out to the root.

Posted Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 7:23 am
chirroHome userMember since 2020
Please implement fluid beatgrid in this new version. For people who work mainly with old music it's a game changer.

Posted Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 7:31 am
"Actually, our statistics showed that most new users only used playlists inside the Lists/Playlists folder, that were just .m3u files and not as powerful as virtual folder were supposed to be, because new users were confused and didn't understand what virtual folders were.
VirtualDJ 2024 remedy this by having only a simple "MyLists" where new users won't be confused as to where to organize their lists."

I started with Virtual Folders as that's how you imported from Rekordbox, but your support said I had too many and that was causing me problems so I re-created everything in Playlists, which is fine, as they are very standard and it's easy to use with other software (prep in VDJ, export and I can use on a radio station software for example)

Are users going to see problems if we previously had issues with lots of virtual folders ?

Is the new lists not m3u etc so will be less compaitible with other things?

Love the cloud idea, will we be able to prepare stems on a powerful desktop machine and then use on a laptop?

Posted Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 8:52 am
what does “disable HotPlug” do and what advantage does it give me?

Posted Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 9:17 am
When the linked tracks tab is open in side view, the central (main) browser tab does not refresh when you search for something or when you change a folder or list in the tree, until the linked tracks tab shows the new data from linked tracks and history.
I think browser central tab refresh should be given higher priority instead of linked tracks and search history process.

Posted Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 10:53 am
Good morning,

For me, if we abandon M3U files, I lose a lot of functionality.

1- I use software to synchronize my music folder and the playlist and history folders on my Android smartphone and tablet.
On Android, I use several music software for cocktails, like Cross DJ Pro among others. These software recognize M3U files. Consequently, I find all my playlists and some histories.
I haven't tested it yet, but I imagine that it won't work at all with vdj lists?

2- Thank you very much for the new linked tracks function. Great!
But regarding the historical part, I find it unusable and I continue to use, in parallel, the DJ Pattern 8 addon from PatchN, which works much better and is much more relevant.
Let me explain. DJ pattern indicates the titles that have been played before or after, from the most played to the least played, which is very practical and this is not the case in VDJ.
Here again, if you delete the M3U files, DJ Pattern8 will no longer be able to work.

3- certain other addons no longer work, like "my library" which was nevertheless very practical for cleaning your music database.

So for now I've blocked updates because I need to have these issues fixed.

However, as soon as I have solutions, I will be looking forward to testing the cloud function!

Posted Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 12:07 pm
1- Does it have quick minimize and expand for all folders at the same time? (menu command and keyboard shortcut)

Especially the minimize to root folders is necessary.
(And expanded in two states for example: Last remembered and expand all)

2 - can we have the possibility to drag folders onto pads or custom buttons? And even rearrange the order?

Would really improve workflow as you can then really quickly setup access to various folders from the pads. ( now its all copy - paste paths without any possibility to manually and visually rearange the order. )

Posted Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 12:13 pm
35%