Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Variable Beatgrid Analysis Needs Work - Page: 2
It strikes me that building this analysis into the software should be achievable due to the stems feature. If you reduce the stems to the drums, you can pretty easily see the beat, so surely a fluid beatgrid analysis could do it from the stem without too much difficulty.

Posted Tue 04 Jun 24 @ 6:32 pm
Many users have identified that as before in other related chains. The problem is most likely not entirely that simple, for example, what about tracks that have siginificant portion of no drums, or some other instrument/idea carrying the timing?
Also, analysis performance wise, they might have to make a choice on stem analysis/quality to use as well, trying to potentially get bpm and stem information at the same time if possible, otherwise they may significantly add to BPM analysis time due to stem analysis being a dependency (which we will readily notice and complain about).

Posted Tue 04 Jun 24 @ 7:47 pm
Native Instruments have released a statement that flexible beatgrids and stem separation are coming to Traktor soon.

quote: "Traktor customers don’t have long to wait"

Posted Tue 11 Jun 24 @ 3:54 pm
Last time I tried Traktor it was a bug ridden out of date mess. May have changed now but first impressions and all that .......

Posted Tue 11 Jun 24 @ 3:55 pm
Certainly behind the times, yes - but my point is that the beatgrid thing is being introduced elsewhere and there's no sign of it here.

People here have been requesting this for a long time. Unfortunately now we can't be first out of the blocks, but it would be nice to get a return on an each way bet.

Posted Tue 11 Jun 24 @ 4:07 pm
As you know Atomix never say what they're working on. Could be in progress just now.

Posted Tue 11 Jun 24 @ 4:13 pm
groovindj wrote :
Native Instruments have released a statement that flexible beatgrids and stem separation are coming to Traktor soon.

quote: "Traktor customers don’t have long to wait"

I guess I would want to know if they are referring to "flexible" as multi BPM analysis/multi BPM representation with multiple beat anchor points, or if they are actually referring to the fluid implementation that DJay Pro has.
(Traktor users (I was one) have been asking for flexible beatgrids (in reference to the former) for probably a decade, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's the former, since they had it on the roadmap for a bit...)
Stem separation is a welcome addition. TBH they had the idea of stem usage in DJ software first, but their method required producers to adopt their format and supply the stems as a release (unfortunately I didn't see that taking off then and still now).

Posted Wed 12 Jun 24 @ 12:17 am