Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Updated VirtualDJ Remote - Page: 4
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Remote

Posted Mon 22 Jan 24 @ 4:34 am
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Adion wrote :
Skin changes should now be remembered in the latest update.

To make an edit of the default skin, you should be able to press Edit... in the interface tab in settings

Hi, the current skin is now remembered as expected thank you, however when I select the default skin then press "Edit this skin..." it just opens up windows explorer in the "RemoteSkins" folder, there is no 'Default' skin subfolder created that I can then edit.

The RemoteSkin folder also still only allows .zip files to be recognised, in the other skin folders you can have a subfolder with skin elements which shows up with '(edit)' appended to them or it can be a .zip file, but in the RemoteSkin folder it does not recognise subfolders as valid skins to select.

Posted Sun 28 Jan 24 @ 4:02 pm
djforumPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hello,

Do you know if it's possible to see all the waveforms of each decks ? (I use 4 decks)
Or to zoom it also ?
My mixer don't have screen it will be perfect if I can use my smartphone as a small screen to see it.

Posted Sun 04 Feb 24 @ 10:51 am
Hi,

I really like the way the looking and the way the new remote version is setup. But one question;

I am using a rotary push button to scroll down the browser and select the track. The tracks or folders won`t be highlighted in the remote screen, synchrone with the main screen. This way its still needed to focus on the primairy main screen.

Can this be modified or set up in a way?

Greetings, Marcel

Posted Fri 16 Feb 24 @ 7:54 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
At the moment, the 2 Browsers are not linked/synchronized, but may be added in a future update

Posted Fri 16 Feb 24 @ 8:05 pm
Hi
I've had a problem occur twice now, the first time I hoped it was an anomaly but it happened again last night, I apologise for the lengthy message but it's quite involved.

As I went to enter a track to search in the browser of my laptop last night the screen suddenly froze and stopped responding to input, the music stopped very briefly then resumed, and the screen went full opaque with a windows error stating the Virtual DJ had stopped responding.
The program was still running fine underneath the opaque error with video and music playing, my main Denon controller was working with Virtual DJ and the main laptop screen was moving underneath the error screen just unreachable.
I checked the Remote App screen and it too had frozen, as soon as I force closed the app on my tablet the laptop started to respond again straight away, I didn't reload the Remote App and the laptop worked fine for the rest of the night.

This had happened once before as I said previously, and that time the same happened and after closing the Remote App I reloaded it and then about 30 minutes later the same happen again, closing the Remote App allowed the laptop to respond again and I didn't reload the Remote App again that night and the problem didn't reappear.

On both nights this happened I was in the same venue, a venue with no WIFI so I have to connect to public street WIFI then I use 'mobile hotspot' in Windows to allow my tablet to connect and the Remote App works on that connection, and both nights the connection was bad and the Remote App had lost, then automatically regained, a connection to Virtual DJ at least once, so I believe this is caused mainly by the bad internet connection and the way Virtual DJ handles that, as on good WIFI connections I have never had an issue.

I have a GL-iNet VPN (Mango) that I use to create a private LAN that the Remote App can work over, however when connected to some public WIFI networks, they recognise a VPN device is connected and throttle the speed right down making it unusable.
I can disable internet on my VPN so it only creates a LAN without any internet access (which is also great when there is no WIFI or other network) and the Remote App will connect to Virtual DJ fine that way but periodically the tablet checks if the app is still legit and without internet it stops the app working until a connection is established.
To counter this I used to be able to set the WIFI adapter on my laptop to a higher priority than Ethernet and connect them both to the internet, my laptop would use the WIFI adapter and had good internet and the VPN LAN would have crap internet because it's throttled, but that was no problem since it's only needed to confirm the Remote App is legit periodically, but this has been (re)moved from Windows 11 now. There are forums on the internet saying how you can do this under network properties but after following the steps it still gives the bad ethernet connection priority.
So if anyone has any tips for getting a good connection between the Remote App & Windows when WiFi is bad or unavailable I would appreciate the help.

Thanks

Posted Sun 18 Feb 24 @ 8:59 pm
djkrysr wrote :

Hi, the current skin is now remembered as expected thank you, however when I select the default skin then press "Edit this skin..." it just opens up windows explorer in the "RemoteSkins" folder, there is no 'Default' skin subfolder created that I can then edit.

Is there an update regarding this? I want to modify the default remote skin so it controls the decks C/D instead of A/B, but when I click "Edit this skin...", the "RemoteSkins" folder is empty.

Posted Sat 24 Feb 24 @ 1:17 am
Hi
I have been trying out your default skin and looking at the browser, It is great that this is different to the main browser as you can view another folder but I cannot get the 'remixes etc' tab to work.
On the tablet, if the menu offers different views (sometimes that part of the menu is blank usually if you go to another tab then back to it) it will change the view on the main virtual dj browser but doesn't appear to change the tab in the remote tablet view, however no matter what view I select (Alternative Remixes, Similar Songs, Recommendations etc) it just says 'No linked tracks'.
Also on all other tabs the view is locked on 2 or 3 columns (depending on orientation) in grid view, I can't see how to get it to change to list view and conform to the column headers shown at the top.

Posted Thu 29 Feb 24 @ 5:56 pm
I just downloaded the remote app because I want to be able to use my iPad to step out in front of my sound system to adjust the EQ10, which I have setup as an effect on the master output in VDJ. I cannot find anywhere in the app to adjust my master effects, though.

Posted Thu 29 Feb 24 @ 10:14 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I made a skin variation that has eq10 master fx manipulation.
pm me if interested.

Posted Fri 01 Mar 24 @ 12:53 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

I gave it a go with the default too [so many size variations]
phone ones seem easier to decide on layout.
I suppose just for FoH set up it doesn't have to be an oil painting.

Posted Tue 05 Mar 24 @ 3:47 pm
Anyone else still have issues reconnecting after your devices go to sleep ? My 12 pro max has to be forced closed and then if still doesn’t reconnect then restart software

Posted Tue 05 Mar 24 @ 8:42 pm
vardavasPRO SubscriberMember since 2013
hello. i think i have found a bug in the latest remote app for android
when i search an artist from tidal in my laptop i get all the results. when i do from my android tablet, i get only a few, tidal on tablet shows not logged in lathough i am logged in.
here are photos to show you the problem.
seems that laptop searches everywhere but via tablet, the search is limited to online catalogues without tidal (not logged in).
using virtualdj latest on windows 11 and latest remote app on samsung galaxy tab S2 with android 10
same on my galaxy A21s android 12 and on my oukitel wp30pro android 13

Posted Sun 10 Mar 24 @ 12:58 am
Weird bug/glitch not been to replicate yet,

Latest vj build and remote test ,

If you set volumes etc on your controller then later load on the remote it causes a weird resetting of volume levels to what the remote wanted.

Then app decided to crash 3-4 times and it should of sent you info on crash

Posted Sun 10 Mar 24 @ 11:41 am
hello again.
i reset the root folders from the bottom tight dot of the remote app
this now gives me the option to login to tidal from the remote (even though i am logged in in my virtualdj in yhe laptop).
now it shows logged in.
but in searching, the results via remote app and virtualdj on laptop do not match, same as described above, tracks missing .
i beleive it has to do with the 2 browsers (remote and laptop app not syncing), if i am not mistaken

Posted Sun 10 Mar 24 @ 1:10 pm
vardavas wrote :
hello again.
this now gives me the option to login to tidal from the remote (even though i am logged in in my virtualdj in yhe laptop).
now it shows logged in.
but in searching, the results via remote app and virtualdj on laptop do not match, same as described above, tracks missing .
i beleive it has to do with the 2 browsers (remote and laptop app not syncing), if i am not mistaken

lastly, if i find the song in the lattop vj browser then the same search done in remote app as above has the song , but not all the results seen in the vj laptop app, as it should be.

thanks for the great app. hope it gets fixed soon

Posted Sun 10 Mar 24 @ 1:30 pm
Anyone noticed some weird behavior of the Remote APP since the last VDJ update, together with a controller that is using LCD display(s)?
My Denon Prime GO started acting weird when launching the Remote APP. I never experienced this sort of problems before when using both the iPad and Denon.

Maybe I should revert to a previous VDJ version?? never done that.. I now decided to not use the iPad as both aren't working when hooked up at VDJ.

Posted Thu 21 Mar 24 @ 2:14 pm
vardavas wrote :
hello again.
now it shows logged in.

in latest update of remote app, the reset roots folders has dissapeared from the dot bottom right.
cannot login to tidal (remote app shows tidal logged out) and results browsing from remote app return none or partial results, no results in remixes at all (tidal logged out there as weell)

Posted Mon 01 Apr 24 @ 1:33 pm
It seems the add is updated.. I'm it's working again and so I can use it together with my Prime GO again.

I've had soms experimental time with it tonight and been trying to find an easier way to create a playlist. Found something but also not.. Watch my demonstration.. would be great if we just could drag files out of folders, right into the Automix.

Watch my explanation in this link: https://youtu.be/gC4Ww3f1hAo

Posted Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 11:34 pm
MacGyverGear wrote :
It seems the app is updated.. It's working together with my Prime GO again.

I've had soms experimental time with it tonight and been trying to find an easier way to create a playlist. Found something but also not.. Watch my demonstration.. would be great if we just could drag files out of folders, right into the Automix.

Watch my explanation in this link: https://youtu.be/gC4Ww3f1hAo

Posted Thu 11 Apr 24 @ 5:55 pm
92%