Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: What if it doesn't work? - Page: 1
I am thinking about buying the home plus license. I need it for just one family party but i bought an NS7FX so i might as well...
I have an Intel i3 laptop, if i install on that computer and it does not work properly (especially video) can i uninstall and then install on another pc with the same license?

Posted Thu 19 Oct 23 @ 12:56 pm
You can have any two machines (mac or PC) logged in at the same time and the licenses are easily transferrable between machines just by loggin in to the software online.

Posted Thu 19 Oct 23 @ 1:05 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Also, you can install and try it before buying to make sure everything works as expected.

Posted Thu 19 Oct 23 @ 1:16 pm
Is there a trial version? I want to play music videos with a beamer. It would be great if i could try before i buy...

Posted Thu 19 Oct 23 @ 3:00 pm

Posted Thu 19 Oct 23 @ 3:11 pm
Thank you very much!

Posted Thu 19 Oct 23 @ 3:46 pm
The computer seems to handle the software very well. It detected the Numark NSFX but says i need to buy a license to try the controller. How will i know if it works properly?
Do i need an internet connection to use the software? That might be a problem at the venue where the party will be held...

Posted Fri 20 Oct 23 @ 7:50 am
If you log in you should have a 30 day trial. That will indeed need an internet connection.
Once purchased you just need to log in at home and it will work at your party without internet as well.

Posted Fri 20 Oct 23 @ 8:04 am
I have a 30 day trial but i can not get the controller to work. It is detected by the program but the usb led on the controller does not light, i get the usual window sound when i connect the controller to the pc.

Posted Fri 20 Oct 23 @ 8:57 am
It appears i had to install drivers i got from the Numark page.
Now, when i start VDJ, i get a blue screen saying: "page fault in non paged area" and the computer restarts.
Help!

Posted Fri 20 Oct 23 @ 1:38 pm
I tried another laptop that runs Windows11 but i get the ame problem: "page fault in non page area" in ns7wdm.sys.
I can install the ns7 drivers without problems, when i instail vdj and try to run it, the pc crashes.

Posted Mon 23 Oct 23 @ 8:24 am
Scooterguy wrote :
I tried another laptop that runs Windows11 but i get the ame problem: "page fault in non page area" in ns7wdm.sys.
I can install the ns7 drivers without problems, when i instail vdj and try to run it, the pc crashes.

Yes it's quite possible that the NS7 drivers no longer works with Win11
They do work with Win10, though
I doubt Numark is gong to update them - the NS7 is about 15 years old now

Posted Mon 23 Oct 23 @ 8:34 am
You could try installing the driver in compatibility mode to see if that works.

Numark are now owned by In-Music and they have dumped support for any legacy (as in not made by them) products so absolutely no chance of an update.

Posted Mon 23 Oct 23 @ 8:45 am
The first laptop i installed on runs windows10. I get the same error.

Posted Mon 23 Oct 23 @ 10:25 am
Sounds like more of an issue with the controller drivers rather than VDJ. Hopefully one of the team that looks after hardware can help.

Posted Mon 23 Oct 23 @ 10:45 am
Scooterguy wrote :
The first laptop i installed on runs windows10. I get the same error.

I got it running on Win10 (I assume the NS7FX, is just the NS7 with an added FX module on top?)
I actually did a video on it, and how I was "modernizing" it to include the latest VDJ features:

Posted Mon 23 Oct 23 @ 11:07 am
Thank you for the video, Claus but it does not solve the issue of the pc crashing as soon as the drivers are installed and the controllers is connected.

Posted Tue 24 Oct 23 @ 2:24 pm
I bought another controller, a Hercules JogVision 2nd hand. Drivers install without problems and vdj detects the controllers every 30 seconds or so ( saying i need a license) but the program will not respond to the controller. If i need to buy a license first, how can i be sure that it works?
How do i get this to work? This is not very user-friendly, i keep getting issues...

Posted Tue 24 Oct 23 @ 2:28 pm
Suspect it's either your PC or possibly the USB cable, but if you've tried on two machines ......

Try closing VDJ, deleting the settings.xml file (you can find the location by clicking the cog at the bottom right of the settings page) and that will start VDJ afresh again.

Posted Tue 24 Oct 23 @ 2:30 pm
Thank you, Kradcliffe. I'll try that tomorrow.

Posted Tue 24 Oct 23 @ 3:12 pm
91%