Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Database corrupt message - Fixing it lost User 1+2 fields
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi
When I loaded Virtual DJ today I had a message telling me my database was corrupt & did I wish to fix it, I said yes but then subsequently found out that most (if not all) of my 'user 1' & 'user 2' database fields were blank, everything I had entered in those fields had gone. I use them to store dummy search names without any apostrophise or symbol characters to make it easier when using the search box, so there was a lot missing.

I have renamed the User Fields in Virtual DJ (I assumed that was OK since it allows you to) and wonder if that may be a factor in why those fields were lost when fixing the database.

I believe that the error occurred because I accidentally attempted to load Virtual DJ twice (as it also showed a message saying Virtual DJ was already running), so I restored the "corrupt" backups & Virtual DJ loaded fine & all my tag fields are OK.

I thought I should post this so you are aware that it happened in case there is an issue if the user 1/2 fields are renamed. If that is the case I can rename them back to normal.
I do also have copies of both the "corrupt" database & the fixed database that lost the user fields if that is of any help.

Posted Thu 12 Oct 23 @ 8:20 pm