Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: FX on/off
Can we make VDJ not turn off the video FXs when a new track is loaded?

I know about the option but it will turn off BOTH audio and video fxs which I only want the video fxs left on.

Posted Thu 12 Oct 23 @ 3:37 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I know the feeling, there's even a script for exactly the opposite of what's wanted
video_fx_clear

would audio_fx_clear be that much of a reach?

Posted Thu 12 Oct 23 @ 4:06 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Note that video_fx_clear only disables the fx selected in the video fx slots.
So by the same logic you could also disable the fx with a script in ONSONGLOAD in the 6 fx slots on the decks.

One of the reasons it's less trivial then it seems to do it even for effects not loaded into slots is that the distinction between audio and video fx is not always clear. (both Cut and Slicer can also work on video for example)

Posted Thu 12 Oct 23 @ 4:25 pm
Ok lets try it this way...

Can VDJ check to see if a certain video fx is "ON" and if its on do nothing? Like don't disengage the fx?

Posted Thu 12 Oct 23 @ 7:52 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
If you don't call audiofx off slot, and keep video fx calls thru the videofx slot then you could map [or add to] your
onSongLoad

effect_active 1 off & effect_active 2 off & effect_active 3 off & effect_active 4 off & effect_active 5 off & effect_active 6 off

I think I'm going to designate high # slots to video fx and do a survey right before I call effect_disable_all, I only use 8 vfx at most. And don't need fx reset onload, just a more nuanced effect_disable

Posted Thu 12 Oct 23 @ 8:20 pm