Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: What's the script that prevents accidently loading on the playing master deck?
I recently purchased a DDJ FLX-10. I'm accustomed to using a DDJ SX3. I'm use to having 4 load buttons for each deck. I want to script my 4 PFL cue buttons on my DDJ FLX-10 to act as load buttons and PFL functions. So far I have scripted PFL = PFL & Load. At first this seemed to be the solution but I want to add to this script something that prevents loading or warns me first when trying to load/PFL a song on the Master deck while there's a song already playing.

The trouble I'm having with my current script is when I load a song to deck 1 for instance and play. Then load a song to deck two. When I want to listen to deck on in my headphones it loads a song from the browser. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Posted Mon 09 Oct 23 @ 9:06 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
use the setting loadSecurity

or
pfl & play ? : load

Posted Mon 09 Oct 23 @ 9:12 pm
My load security setting is on but somehow with this script the load security is bypassed. I'll try the script you suggested.

Update: So far the script you provided is doing what I want. Thank you. The only minor issue now is that track I'm listening to on the second (non-Master) deck needs to be stopped before loading a track. I would like to load a track on the non-master deck even if it's playing.

Posted Mon 09 Oct 23 @ 10:01 pm
then pfl isn't the button to use to load, or... you know, press pause?

Posted Mon 09 Oct 23 @ 10:37 pm
Would you know of a script to stop & load as long as deck is not the master?

Posted Mon 09 Oct 23 @ 10:46 pm
query masterdeck

Posted Mon 09 Oct 23 @ 10:52 pm
This one seems to be working.

PFL & load & master ?: nothing

Posted Tue 10 Oct 23 @ 12:08 am
I'm not sure how, that's the same as the first script you posted

pfl & masterdeck ? : load

Posted Tue 10 Oct 23 @ 12:12 am
It's working. I've since scripted,

PFL & load & master ? : Nothing & doubleclick ? clone_from_deck & master ? PFL & nothing
and Loadsecurity is set to silence.

I'm sure it's convoluted in more ways than one but the button is now doing exactly what I want it to do. I'll work on a more concise script that gets me the same results in the meantime. Thanks again.

Posted Tue 10 Oct 23 @ 1:03 am
master ?
isn't a valid query

Posted Tue 10 Oct 23 @ 1:16 am