Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Numark Mixdeck Express audio settings in VDJ
Hi,I am trying to configure Numark Mixdeck Express to use with Virtual DJ but I am not having any success and was wondering what configuration I should be using to get it work with Virtual DJ, VDJ recognises it but I can’t scroll for tracks,tracks won’t load and then I cannot get any audio.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Robbie

Posted Sun 24 Sep 23 @ 6:16 pm
robbieka wrote :
Hi,I am trying to configure Numark Mixtdeck Express to use with Virtual DJ but I am not having any success and was wondering what configuration I should be using to get it work with Virtual DJ, VDJ recognises it but I can’t scroll for tracks,tracks won’t load and then I cannot get any audio.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Robbie

Posted Sun 24 Sep 23 @ 6:17 pm

Posted Sun 24 Sep 23 @ 6:41 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
As per the manual ..
Make sure that both left and right channels on the mixer section of the MixDeck Express are set to PC and you have toggled each CD player to MIDI mode via the SOURCE button.

As for the Audio Setup of VirtualDJ, it should have what we call "External mixer" type, so it should be like..
Deck 1 --> MixDeck Express --> chans 1,2
Deck 2 --> MixDeck Express --> chans 3,4

and of course speakers connected to the MASTER output of the device at the rear panel

Another Note from Manual .. The entire mixer section of the Numark Mixdeck Express does not send MIDI signals to the software and works as analogue dj mixer, therefor none of the mixer section controls will control the VirtualDJ internal mixer and no movements will be visible on the GUI

Posted Mon 25 Sep 23 @ 12:29 am