Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: To be able delete the search:// results added to Virtual DJ
I discovered this issue recently. I will try to be as brief as I can here and try to confuse people with the way I talk. I don't know if we can share links here. It's my first time posting here.

There is a "not so public" feature added to Virtual DJ where we can drag and drop a .txt file into say for example, a Virtual Folder that we created and it will populate that Virtual Folder with the...

Artist - Title (Remix)

for each line that we have an actual Artist - Title and (Remix) on added to a .txt file with using hyphens and (parenthesis).

Klaus Mogensen made a youtube video about this.
https://youtu.be/tjYHeMb2mh0?si=dUkqYmQbUSB4E_Vy

He shows in the video that if the artist - track isn't found from the .txt file that it will display a looking glass icon next to it. He also shows that we can use it for searching for that missing song and drag and drop the song we find into the Virtual folder and then once we've added it, then we can right click and remove that line with the looking glass icon on it.

So, the line with the looking glass icon can be removed from the Virtual Folder but, it's still in the database.xml file. We can find them in our Virtual DJ Program by searching for search:// and they will all come up. The problem is even if we right click and click remove the lines with the looking glass, they are still in the database.xml and they will be there if we run the search again. In the database.xml they look like this:

<song path="search://V.I.C./Wobble/" artist="V.I.C." title="Wobble" idx="10" />

With all of my .txt file adding I have accumulated a lot of those and they become annoying when I DJ Live and I run a search for a song and they are appearing.

Can we make it so, we can delete the Virtual DJ search Results that come up with the looking glass when we see them in our Virtual DJ programs? I'd like to delete these search:// things directly from my Virtual DJ program.

Posted Tue 05 Sep 23 @ 2:32 pm
Actually that first post showed what I had in my Virtual DJ Folder (.vdjfolder). In the Virtual Folder, I can right click and remove the ones with the search glass from the Virtual Folder. They are still entered into the database.xml which I can not seem to be able to delete.

This is actually what the entry in my database.xml for Wobble looks like below. Right clicking when I see in my Virtual DJ Library and select doesn't really remove the entry. That's what I need help with to figure out how to remove those entries with the looking glass icons.

<Song FilePath="search://V.I.C./Wobble/" Flag="65536">
<Tags Author="V.I.C." Title="Wobble" Flag="1" />
<Infos LastModified="1693426649" FirstSeen="1693426649" />
</Song>

This should be able to be deleted right from the Virtual DJ Library. It's not a broken link and it's listed as a song file path with the <Song FilePath> </Song> tags.

Maybe there it subfolder for the Song FilePath for the search:// entries in the Virtual DJ folder?!

This should honestly be as simple as typing a search for search:// in the Music Library and being able to highlight and delete the entries that we want to delete.

Posted Wed 06 Sep 23 @ 12:34 am