Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Top Menu bar reorganization
I'd love to see the Settings Cog wheel moved to the Left side of the Virtual DJ logo.
Make the User Email (logout) field a bit longer to fit entire Email. Allow the Master CPU Meter to be toggled between Master Volume and VU Meter as the Time can be toggled to a Stop Watch instead. Put Record button to the left of Master CPU instead of having to click the Master Tab in the DJ software then clicking Record. This would be an easy and welcomed improvement for the next version!

Posted Mon 04 Sep 23 @ 11:32 am
user26547980 wrote :
I'd love to see the Settings Cog wheel moved to the Left side of the Virtual DJ logo.
Make the User Email (logout) field a bit longer to fit entire Email. Allow the Master CPU Meter to be toggled between Master Volume and VU Meter as the Time can be toggled to a Stop Watch instead. Put Record button to the left of Master CPU instead of having to click the Master Tab in the DJ software then clicking Record. This would be an easy and welcomed improvement for the next version!

That sounds like skin changes
So you can maybe do them yourself?
- or find a skin hat better matches what you like
(I can already promise that the suggested changes won't be the default. Too maybe people would complain about, that simply because it's changes they didn't ask for, and that they'd then have to get use to)

Posted Mon 04 Sep 23 @ 12:52 pm
This just makes it easier and more organized. It's easy to get used to something that's more intuitive.
Also, it's not a big enough change to confuse anyone. In full screen mode being able to just click on the VU meter to make it the Master volume control would make up for the loss of the volume control on the windows toolbar. These suggestions are just tweaks and if you noticed how the drop down options are on the left side of the DJ software while the Settings option is all by itself on the opposite side. I am sure when this software was redone in 2020 it confused people because it was too intuitive and fully customizable at the same time.

Posted Mon 04 Sep 23 @ 6:21 pm
I doubt by simply moving the cog wheel to the left and making the VU Meter clickable like the Time would cause any concern at all. Adding that record button would just save a few steps though. My intent here is to make the best DJ software perfect not confusing.

Posted Mon 04 Sep 23 @ 6:29 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
If that's the best to your mind, then make it.
They made skinning information available so people can please themselves.
And the stuff you're talking about are perfectly suited to beginners skinning project.
Nobody is born knowing how to skin, and the info to learn how is free.

Posted Mon 04 Sep 23 @ 7:17 pm
The best way to describe my feedback would be taking a dirty car and giving it a detail. Everyone wants a cleaner and polished car.
In the case of Virtual DJ it would be taking an already detailed software and making it pop.

Posted Sat 09 Sep 23 @ 1:35 am