Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: filter:- playlist = 0
i've seen one forum post where someone asked a kinda similar question, but that was back in 2017. is it possible to create a filter whereby i can query the database in order to find tracks *not* listed within any playlist? yes, in the filter editor box there is no entry/specification for 'playlist' but i still thought to ask; perhaps this task can be accomplished another way. the reason i'd like this feature is because sometimes i neglect/forget to add new music to a playlist, and thus when i am browsing said playlist the track would not show up... i'd have to manually search for it *then* add it to its relevant playlist. it's also happened in the past, for whatever reason, when i've changed laptop and/or storage, i lose a few months of entries. with this filter i can immediately see which tracks don't belong to any playlist. thanks.

Posted Fri 01 Sep 23 @ 6:51 pm
Fjj70Home userMember since 2020
I did once something similar (a long time ago)
If I remember well I made a cmd dos batch to fetch all Playlists in one file.
Something like
type .\Documents\VirtualDJ\Playlists\*.m3u > file.txt
Exporting it to one Excel sheet

Exporting the database.xml to another sheet
with the needed filtering to remove all unnecessary lines (keeps only line with the Song FilePath).

And comparing both sheets with the Excel function vlookup.

Hope it helps

Posted Sat 02 Sep 23 @ 1:23 pm
sorry for the tardy reply. thank you! that definitely set me on a path. i did export the database and playlist files to text files as you noted, then engaged in a notepad++ crash course to remove extraneous bits from each exported file; i now have a bare bone listing (sorted via excel, so a bit of back and forth importing and exporting) of all the tracks in my working database and all the tracks in my current playlists. of note, my database.xml file was not where i thought it would be located(?). notepad++ also, actually, has a 'compare' plugin that returned the difference between both files. it's a lot more than i hoped for. sigh. p.s. excel is, unfortunately, not my forté.

Posted Sat 02 Sep 23 @ 6:19 pm