Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Update in Macbook Pro with High Sierra
Hi everyone, a few weeks ago I noticed that in my two MacBook Pros both with High Sierra, Virtual DJ no longer updates automatically. This applies to both official updates and early access. Obviously everything is activated from the settings, the internet connection is perfect but despite this, when Virtual DJ is opened, the word download appears for a second and then disappears. At the moment I'm doing the updates manually by downloading the setup every time, on PC with windows 11 no problem. Any suggestions? Thank you

Posted Fri 01 Sep 23 @ 12:23 pm
Can anyone give me an explanation/advice?

Thank you!

Posted Wed 06 Sep 23 @ 10:44 am
Neither macbook pro with high sierra updates. All network and VDJ settings are correct. CAny suggestions? Thank you

Posted Mon 25 Sep 23 @ 3:25 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Logging in to vdj works fine?

Posted Tue 26 Sep 23 @ 5:02 am
Adion wrote :

Yes Adion, everything works great but the only way to update is to do it manually by downloading the setup. Virtual DJ itself does not update automatically, as soon as I open it the word "download" appears for a second and then disappears as if it doesn't understand that there is an update available. This happened on two different MacBooks but always with High Sierra as the operating system. On PC everything works fine. I also confirm that all network, permissions and firewall settings on the MacBooks are correct. Thank you

Posted Tue 26 Sep 23 @ 12:52 pm
Adion wrote :

Not even the official release is recognized, virtual DJ does not update. Adion do you have any news? Thank you

Posted Wed 04 Oct 23 @ 12:39 pm
checkUpdates option is not disabled?

Posted Wed 04 Oct 23 @ 12:55 pm
Adion wrote :
checkUpdates option is not disabled?

Everything is activated as when it updated automatically. both the normal update and the early access ones. As I explained, this happened on two different MacBooks with High Sierra operating systems at the same time, the MacBooks surf the internet without problems but when opened, Virtual DJ doesn't recognize that there is a new update.

Posted Wed 04 Oct 23 @ 1:54 pm
Ah sorry, I don't know all the macOS versions by name.
But for macOS 10.13 it will indeed no longer automatically update.
At the moment manual updates are still supported, but that may change.

Posted Wed 04 Oct 23 @ 3:28 pm
Adion wrote :
Ah sorry, I don't know all the macOS versions by name.
But for macOS 10.13 it will indeed no longer automatically update.
At the moment manual updates are still supported, but that may change.

Sorry, I could also specify MacOS 10.13 as well as the name High Sierra. So, as I imagined it is not a problem that depends on the two MacBook Pros. I hope that in the future the automatic update will be available again which is much more convenient. Thanks in the meantime for your time.

Posted Thu 05 Oct 23 @ 10:36 am