Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Cant tell quiet passages in new deck waveform view
I just installed 2023 and previously it was easy to tell where the breakdowns were by looking at the waveform in the deck view but now even the quiet passages look like the rest of the track.

I have tried everything I can find in the options concerning waveforms and making them beats or coloured etc, but they all suck. Is there a way to get it back to displaying the deck waveforms in the same format that it used to where it was very easy to see when you have a breakdown with no beats.

Note this is the whole song deck waveforms I am talking about NOT the waveforms that display at the top.

Posted Fri 01 Sep 23 @ 2:05 am
Do you see a "line" under the waveform ? That line goes dark when there are no beats and gets bright when there are.
So, IMHO it's far easier to tell where the silent parts are. You just need to get used to reading the new waveform.

However, as always, VirtualDJ does not force you to stick with the new waveforms (which IMHO they definitely do not suck)
Change the skinOverviewType setting to "colors" instead of shapes, and the old waveforms are back.

Posted Fri 01 Sep 23 @ 9:02 am
I think it was a combination of options including the experimental wave option. Have got it pretty close to the old way now. Thanks

Posted Fri 01 Sep 23 @ 9:11 am