Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: how to find "missing tracks" for TIDAL, Beatport (online Music)
Hi - we all have it, the track is not longer available on your online platform, but still exists in a playlist, virtual folder.

can anyone tell me how to identify those tracks in my library so I can remove/replace them (they often are still available, but with different track details)

thanks !

Posted Sat 26 Aug 23 @ 1:34 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Not straight forward, it's online so the "exists" check doesn't really happen,
it tries to get it from online and either it works or it doesn't.
the way to deal with it is have a specific colour for tracks you notice when you notice, then you'll have a visual in your lists until you swap them out.

Posted Sat 26 Aug 23 @ 7:41 pm
adamPRO SubscriberMember since 2022
Can you change the so called "file name" to the file you want, be it online or not.
If you relocate it online, click info and get the file name there.
Or if you have a local copy now, can you change the file name to that local file?

Posted Sun 27 Aug 23 @ 3:26 am
locodog wrote :
Not straight forward, it's online so the "exists" check doesn't really happen,
it tries to get it from online and either it works or it doesn't.
the way to deal with it is have a specific colour for tracks you notice when you notice, then you'll have a visual in your lists until you swap them out.

Hi Locodog .. appreciate your reply. Indeed, this approach works, but I was hoping for something bit more automated. I currently give the track a 2-star rating (a rating that I dont use for normal tracks) and later filter, and go repair delete. It is just tricky, especially performing and your track is no longer available. ..

let me know if other have the same and we might make it a feature request.. as I do expect this is a regular problem .

Posted Tue 29 Aug 23 @ 1:41 pm
user25889780 wrote :
Can you change the so called "file name" to the file you want, be it online or not.
If you relocate it online, click info and get the file name there.
Or if you have a local copy now, can you change the file name to that local file?

Hi Adam .. not sure I follow you. What I currently do .. take the title/remix and search again. often the track is still available online. If not, no choice but buy/delete it.

Posted Tue 29 Aug 23 @ 1:43 pm
As Locodog has mentioned, the "exists" check is checking the VDJ database for missing tracks.
It cannot check the online servers database for the availability of a track. Only know that its missing on the online server when it does NOT load.

So workarounds.....

and as Locodog has suggested, to mark those tracks with a color.

and as great minds think alike,
1) I have a script on a lauchpad button to auto set the User1 field w text "bad" and change color to a dark gray.
so I don't attempt to use that track again. (and allows for easily filtering for User1 contains bad, to find all in the VDJ database)

2) And to speed up searching for the replacement track.. have added the script below, to the ONSONGLOAD (of the Keyboard)

& wait 7000ms & (param_equal `get_loaded_song 'title'` 'Error' ? get_text "`get_browsed_song title`  `get_browsed_song artist`" &  param_cast text & search : nothing)

don't know why it requires such a long, wait. (since the Error, seems to appear much quicker then 7 sec)

and known issue.. does not work for a second in a row, missing online music track. (does work well if a missing track is loaded after a successful track load)
(maybe someone knows a solution for this very rare situation during a set)

PS
wish Tidal and Beatport..etc could auto-link the new replacement, identical track, to the old (removed) Track's file number (link). (would still need to probably add hotcues, saved loops and POIs again, though)

Love Tidal but, Tidal seems to replace tracks much more frequently then Beatport. (only 2 streaming services I have enough experience with)

Posted Tue 29 Aug 23 @ 9:54 pm
Thanks man, yeah, I had the script side covered, but love that autosearch. Will go try it out and let you know!

same here .. subscriptions on BP and Tidal .. and yes .. It happens "regularly" on Tidal .. not often, but often enough to annoy the shi^t out of me ... LoL

Moderator, please don't quote long posts when it is directly above.
It's not needed and it makes threads harder to read on phones.

Posted Mon 04 Sep 23 @ 1:04 pm