Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Sampler editor Trigger mode
Hello VDJ Team,

Hope you guys are great and we appreciate your hardwork bringing us the best DJ software in the market.

However I have a question about the sampler editor. I don't see the trigger mode when I open the sample in the sampler editor to make adjustments.

In the VDJ user manual, you a picture of the sampler editor showing the trigger mode for one to choose which option you would want each individual sample to behave.

This would be a very great since I would have the option to choose how I would want each individual sampleto behave.

Please help me resolve this issue. It would be really helpful since on the sampler where u trigger the samples one don't have the options to choose which option each individual sample should trigger.

Thanks

Ernest (DJ Wanesti)

Posted Tue 22 Aug 23 @ 9:13 pm
Unfortunately you cannot set trigger mode for each individual sample, or even each bank.

The mode is global.

Requests have been made to improve this, but nothing has happened.

EDIT: Ah I see you can set a different mode if you create a group and add samples to that, which might be one way around it.

Posted Tue 22 Aug 23 @ 9:32 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It can be done in some cases, using the mouse you're out of luck, but padpage or box of buttons, just script it before you call the sample.
designate in editor is a good idea, as it's rolled out everything could be designated as "follow master setting" then you could select other options if you wanted.

I wouldn't want it myself currently but if it was an option maybe I would so
+1

Posted Tue 22 Aug 23 @ 9:52 pm
Thanks for the input guys. Appreciate it. Man VDJ needs to bring back that trigger mode feature in the sample editor.
I mean that's the best way to treat samples they all don't have to follow the global sampler trigger mode.

Posted Tue 22 Aug 23 @ 11:02 pm
The group workaround isn't too bad. I mean you can just add one sample to a group, to change the trigger mode. It doesn't need to literally be a group of samples.

You could create groups named the same as the trigger modes, and then add the samples which require that mode to the group with the mode name.

The problem with groups is that only one sample can play at a time, so even if you set a mode that should keep playing, triggering another sample in that group cuts off the playing sample.

No use for sampled loops which would likely be used layered. Looks like the only way around this is to create a new group for every sample.

Posted Wed 23 Aug 23 @ 6:08 pm