Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: moving tracks from external hd to C:
agadj2PRO InfinityMember since 2021
Hi , hope don´t do a asked question in forum.
I would move all my tracks to principal hd C: because i buy a new portatil and have store space more than suficient.
first attemp was take database file and change all entries like this:
D:/TRACKS TO C:/USERS/GUILLE/MUSIC
Don´t work but i think was well did and will be one of more mods i have to do

second attemp was take cache files (have 3 cache files, not sure if is normal have 3 instead 1)
in this case only few entries was changed, and the result the same, don´t work.
don´t wanna lost all cues and analized waves...but if can move all of all will be a magic.

thanks and best regard

Posted Mon 21 Aug 23 @ 6:43 pm
Navigate to drive in file tree, Right click, file actions, move. The facility is built in without hacking.

Posted Mon 21 Aug 23 @ 7:32 pm
Don't work as easy as you say, i don't wanna analize all my files again, and lost all cues, this info that i refer is linked to drive D: and i wanna ("hack" if you see it like a hack) link those información to drive C: .
Think its posible but not sure...i'm using notepad++ for replace it auto. And of course i'm cloning the files trece, ...

Posted Tue 22 Aug 23 @ 10:06 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
you won't lose cues or analysis
D has a database, moving files in app will bring the data from d database to c database

Posted Tue 22 Aug 23 @ 10:39 am
Hi MASTER, first time i have a pleasure of talk with you, infinite thanks for all your work sharing your knowledge, i learned a lot of you.
well what i did was copy tracks files in windows explorer from d: to c:
if i undernstand right, i have to use VDJ browser and use move instruction for keep all data like cues, waves or grids. i´m right?
Now see the light, and get my apologyces KRADCLIFFE, sorry men i don´t understand you and you was right,
well i will try...thanks booth.

Posted Tue 22 Aug 23 @ 1:45 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Correct, moving/copying in app vdj knows where everything is moved to, so all the database stuff,playcount, cue, saved loops, beat gridding & playlist track filepaths & virtual folder track filepaths, all that stuff, what's needed to be kept gets kept, what's needed to be updated is updated.

Posted Tue 22 Aug 23 @ 2:20 pm
hi again!!!
Bad news for me... i move first and try to copy too, and horrible results, lost all, cues pois, waves... when look inside database.xml the files are linked from c: but lodt sll other data, no browser waves no cues no pois new analize
if i return files to d: it´s like npthing happends... and all dissaster returns to his initial state after losse al dataand can keep ir...so this means to me what have to belive, the data isn´t lost , only happend is this data don´t go with the files when move or copy.

Any idea or tip for continue investigating and trying???
thanks!!

Posted Tue 22 Aug 23 @ 11:23 pm