Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Problems with tempo changes via the tempo fader on the Pioneer Rev7
I use the VDJ on the MacBook Pro (M1) with the Pioneer Rev7.
I have a question about tempo changes via the fader on the Rev7. Changes to the fader first have no effect at all on the speed of the track. Only after very large changes on fader, the software suddenly reacts and from this time on all changes are then immediately taken over as usual.
First I noticed this after a mix into a new title, when I want to change the speed afterwards. But also after loading a new title I have similar problems.
If you want to change the speed of the current title, you have to move the fader far before you can change the speed.
Interestingly, one sees in the GUI on the software, the changes of the fader like a shadow move (see also attached picture).
Can anyone explain this? And how can I turn this off?
Thanks and best regards
Manfred

Posted Mon 21 Aug 23 @ 6:19 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Tue 22 Aug 23 @ 12:33 am
This is actually an important feature because it means that the pitch/tempo won't jump if the software fader and the physical fader don't match, and you start moving the physical fader (this can often happen after using sync)
Instead it acts like a pick up function like you describe
If you don't care about jumping pitch/tempo than you can indeed change the pitch fader changeover mode to Instant

Posted Tue 22 Aug 23 @ 12:59 am
DJ-Smile-Germany wrote :
Can anyone explain this?

One would require motorized pitch sliders on the Rev 7, for this not to happen.

and as mentioned it's a good thing !

Posted Tue 22 Aug 23 @ 4:53 am
Thank you guys, that solves my problem. Great community!

Posted Wed 23 Aug 23 @ 1:11 pm