Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Cleaner more Polished look for the UI
Please make Album cover art the full height of each Deck and cover the Blue [A] and Red .
Move the BPMs to the Outside next to the Phrase bars. Put the < KEY > above the KEYs.
Include Eight Phrase bars instead of Four. Now make the font of these items bigger.
This should enhance the look dramatically.

Posted Thu 17 Aug 23 @ 1:13 pm
If you ask 2 DJs you get 10 different opinions ;o)
But anyway:
VDJ ist not bounded to one gui and you're able to edit a skin that matches your taste.

Posted Thu 17 Aug 23 @ 5:00 pm
This is just making the default skin cleaner by taking what they already have an improving upon it.
I don't think making something cleaner will be unwelcomed by any user/DJ.

Posted Fri 18 Aug 23 @ 8:15 am
user26547980 wrote :
This is just making the default skin cleaner by taking what they already have an improving upon it.
I don't think making something cleaner will be unwelcomed by any user/DJ.

I think it's that people tend to not agree on what is cleaner :)

Look at Serato for instance. Horrible looking. Like something out of 90's Eastern Europe
But some say it's the best most clean GUI in any DJ software :)

Posted Fri 18 Aug 23 @ 9:07 am
Serato is ok looking software but not nearly as good as VDJ. I personally don't like it because their free version is complete garbage and it's not worth paying for the PRO version. On the other hand Rekordbox has a terrible UI but DJay Pro Ai is clean. The only software I would consider besides Virtual DJ would be DJay Pro Ai which I am currently Beta Testing for Windows. Hopefully they do a good job with it because their previous version did look clean and intuitive. Clearly I am obsessed with Virtual DJ which is why I am requesting things to make it more aesthetically pleasing. Having Keys show up in Red or Blue does not make sense when they show up in multiple different colors in the browser. It would really look cool to see the actual Key colors in the Decks and Album Art bigger. Deck [A] and {B} color tags are bit big. Most people don't need to see that as everyone knows Left Deck = 1 or A and Right Deck = 2 or B. DJay Pro Ai will likely never be as user friendly and fully customizable as Virtual DJ but it is still fun to play with.

Posted Fri 18 Aug 23 @ 8:40 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
So make it, or pay somebody to make it for you.
What you want is entirely possible with work on your part.

Posted Fri 18 Aug 23 @ 9:36 pm
I don't know what you mean. Is this open source software that users can code themselves?
Also, I know nothing about coding.

Posted Sat 19 Aug 23 @ 12:55 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
skins you can,
nobody is born knowing how to skin, what happens is;
you want to change something, you read up on the skin development kit, you try small stuff, get stuck, ask questions, try more stuff & bigger stuff, reread the sdk, rinse & repeat, then you can skin.
Or you pay somebody who did put the effort in.

start here and keep reading, moving stuff, resizing stuff is pretty entry level, get that far and you can please yourself.

Posted Sat 19 Aug 23 @ 1:43 pm
This post is headed in the wrong direction. My Feedback is intended to be a universal tweak or slight refresh.
The Album art is currently too small but the A and B Deck labels are bigger than the Album art. The Phrase bars in the deck count to 16 yet there are only 4 bars. Eight bars makes more sense and just making a slight rearrangement of what's already here would look more polished. I'm willing to bet most DJ's/users would prefer colored keys in the Decks as well. This software has already come a long way for 2020 because of feedback.

Posted Sat 19 Aug 23 @ 8:30 pm