Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Changing controller pad pages without it being connected
Small ask here - I know that the VirtualDJ manual section for controller pad pages] describes the sequence for changes pad pages once the controller is connected.
There is the case where I know I'll be using a controller/mixer in the near future, I know which pages it has loaded up by default (from its manual), but I want to change one of those pages to another page I desire, in order to be ready to go once it's connected. The manual gives the impression that I have to connect the controller/mixer in order to do that.

A good example is the DDJ 1000 vs the DDJ 1000 SRT - I own a DDJ 1000, but most people I work with use the DDJ 1000 SRT or even a DDJ FLX10. I largely know how I want the controllers I don't own to behave, but I have to wait until I connext to one to change it/which, in some cases, could be at the event itself.

Is it possible to change pad pages for a controller/mixer in advance? If not, can this be added?

Posted Wed 16 Aug 23 @ 2:57 pm
Having multiple controllers I'm happy with the way it currently works.

Posted Wed 16 Aug 23 @ 2:58 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Having multiple controllers I'm happy with the way it currently works.

So I'm not sure what you lose by what I'm suggesting - I'm asking for a way to configure it in advance, but keep the current behaviour (if connected you can configure it right there too as currently described).

Posted Wed 16 Aug 23 @ 3:59 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Technically it's stored in the padsPagesChanged option, so you could add a new controller there even if not connected.

Posted Wed 16 Aug 23 @ 4:15 pm
Adion wrote :
Technically it's stored in the padsPagesChanged option, so you could add a new controller there even if not connected.

I'll check that out.

Just to clarify, it's not that I don't like the way it works...it's just that I don't always have the chance to get my hands on the controller/mixer in advance sometimes, and it would be nice to have one less thing to configure at playtime.

Posted Wed 16 Aug 23 @ 5:22 pm
It looks relatively simple - but you'd need to know the name that VDJ assigns to the controller.

Obviously there are a lot of supported controllers, and the naming might not be what you'd expect.

Posted Wed 16 Aug 23 @ 5:34 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Indeed not ideal for an unseen controller. You could save a custom mapping, that would have the internal device name inside the xml.

Posted Wed 16 Aug 23 @ 6:11 pm