Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: High Memory Usage?
Had a strange situation during yesterdays gig.
I run VDJ, latest version, on MBP, with SoundSwitch for my lights. Never had a problem with either previously.
Late on in the gig, loaded my intended next track onto deck 2, tried to cue it up and it played but no sound in my headphones. Deck 1 was playing fine.
The track was a scripted track in SoundSwitch, and the next thing I know, SoundSwitch has crashed. Ejected the track from Deck 2, restarted SoundSwitch, loaded a random track and that cued fine. Loaded the previous track and again no sound on cue and SoundSwitch crashes again.
So....leave SoundSwitch off, but then I get a Application Memory full warning pop up on the MBP and VDJ is using 133GB of memory!
Seconds later VDJ crashes stopping the music. Restarts fine, finishes the gig without any problems, but didn't restart SS as I only had 20 mins left.
Have raised this with SoundSwitch and they can't see how they could affect the audio output for deck 2 and coupled with the insanely high memory usage of VDJ, suggest it might be a VDJ issue?

Posted Sun 30 Jul 23 @ 9:48 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Can you share the logs from your computer or any details that could help to reproduce it. How you used it, ... ?

Posted Sun 30 Jul 23 @ 11:58 am
I have a diagnostic log from MacOS that was created at the time of the crash. It's a long document, if I could attach a file I could attach it as a PDF? Otherwise, copy/paste is going to be a looong post!

Posted Sun 30 Jul 23 @ 3:18 pm