Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Stems Effects Question
I never really noticed this until a few minutes ago. I have scripts for different stems effects on a pad page. One is a brake effect assigned to the melody and bass stems. When I am using the internal Macbook sound card (with no controller or mixer connected) and trigger a brake effect using the pad, it works as it should (only the melody and bass stems brake and the vocal and drum stems are entirely unaffected.

When I plug my Rane 70 up and trigger the same stem fx pad on the same song, the entire song brakes to a halt before picking up in time (as if slip mode was activated) with only the correct stems playing. Is there something I am unaware of that causes this?

Posted Sat 29 Jul 23 @ 12:27 am
Disregard. I found the answer in a similar post about the S11. Switched the FX processing to pre-fader in the options and all works as expected.

Posted Sat 29 Jul 23 @ 12:59 am
wesje19PRO SubscriberMember since 2014
could you share your scripts?

Posted Sat 29 Jul 23 @ 3:09 pm
user9073669 wrote :
could you share your scripts?

Sure, they are fairly basic/simple, but here you go...

I have a 'Music Echo' that echos out the melody and bass stems.

var 'stemsnfx2' 1 ? on & set 'stemsnfx2' 0 & mute_stem 'melody' off : set 'stemsnfx2' 1 & effect_stems 'melody' & padfx_single 'echo' 0.6 0.5 0.40 0.60 & wait 0.5bt & padfx 'echo' & mute_stem 'melody' on & effect_stems 'melody'

I have a 'Music Braker' that does a brake effect on the same stems.

var 'stemsnfx2' 2 ? on & set 'stemsnfx2' 0 & mute_stem 'instru' off & mute_stem 'bass' off : off & set 'stemsnfx2' 2 & slip_mode off ? slip_mode & effect_stems 'instru' on & effect_stems 'bass' on & padfx_single 'brakestart' 0.20 & wait 1.0bt & slip_mode off & mute_stem 'instru' on & mute_stem 'bass' on & padfx 'brakestart' & effect_stems 'instru' off & effect_stems 'bass' off & effect_stems 'rhythm' off

Finally, I have an 'Instrumental Braker' that does the same brake effect as above, but adds the drum stem to the effect.

var 'stemsnfx4' 2 ? on & set 'stemsnfx4' 0 & mute_stem 'instru' off & mute_stem 'bass' off & mute_stem 'rhythm' off : off & set 'stemsnfx4' 2 & slip_mode off ? slip_mode & effect_stems 'instru' on & effect_stems 'bass' on & effect_stems 'rhythm' on & padfx_single 'brakestart' 0.25 & wait 1bt &slip_mode off & mute_stem 'instru' on & mute_stem 'bass' on & mute_stem 'rhythm' on & padfx 'brakestart' & effect_stems 'instru' off & effect_stems 'bass' off & effect_stems 'rhythm' off

Posted Sat 29 Jul 23 @ 6:42 pm
wesje19PRO SubscriberMember since 2014
thx for sharing this, great job

Posted Fri 04 Aug 23 @ 2:27 pm