Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: New to VDJ from serato question about mapping
Ive used serato since 07 but lately ive been messing with VDJ and love lots of things about it more than serato..... except i can't figure out how to remap things. for example i don't use slip or censor and id like to remap that for acapella and instrumental. also the parameter up and down id like to use with beat jump. when i remap the slip and censor it works but still functions as slip and censor. how can i stop this from happening? Like i said i'm sorry i'm new to VDJ i'm guessing its something simple that i'm missing. Thanks so much

Posted Tue 18 Jul 23 @ 9:29 pm
It would help us guide you if you could tell us which controller you're using, and possibly what changes you've made to it's mapping.

Generally speaking, in order to remap a button you follow these steps:
1. Open Settings
2. Click on Mappers tab on the left
3. Select the device you want on the top
4. Press the button you want to remap. The button appears on the list of recent buttons on the top right area of the settings window.
5. You click on the button on the top right area (in the list of recent buttons)
6. You CHANGE the assigned action with the one you want.
7. You save your changes by clicking the disc icon.

PS: On rare occasions there are some buttons on some controllers that require special handling since their functionality is also baked somehow inside the device firmware.
As an example: On most Pioneer controllers you cannot easily remap SHIFT+SLIP button combo, since it's tied to VINYL mode. If you decide to remap SHIFT+SLIP on Pioneer controllers then you need to make sure that the SHIFT_LED_SLIP (or LED_SHIFT_SLIP - it's the same) element is mapped as vinyl_mode. Otherwise your new action will also control vinyl mode since the firmware uses the status of the LED to turn on/off the vinyl mode in hardware level.

Posted Tue 18 Jul 23 @ 11:13 pm
I’m totally sorry I can’t believe I didn’t post that I use a Rev7 my fault!I haven’t made any changes just wanted to make the changes to slip censor parameter left and parameter right for each side.

Posted Tue 18 Jul 23 @ 11:55 pm