Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Split Page & Hot Cues & Stems Fx..
Can we have it so we can choose between plain stems or stems fx at the moment when i choose split page i can only use plain stems with no fx ...

Posted Wed 05 Jul 23 @ 2:30 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You could do it yourself. It's a few steps, but shouldnt be hard.

1. Open the StemsFX page in Editor.
2. Do a small edit in one of the first 4 pads (the ones you dont want to keep), just edit a letter in the Action.
3. Close the Editor and VirtualDJ
4. In VirtualDJ HomeFolder/Pads folder, you should now have the xml file of the Pads page. Open it with some advanced Text/XML Editor (like Notepad++ for Windows , TextEdit on Mac etc)
5. Delete the lines with <pad1 .... >.... </pad1> to <pad4 .... >.... </pad4> (and probably the <shift_pad1>.. </shift_pad1> to <shift_pad4>.. </shift_pad4>
6. Rename the 5 to 8 lines by changing their numbers to 1 to 4. E.g. The line <pad5 .... >.... </pad5> will become .. <pad1 .... >.... </pad1>.
7. Save the xml, preferably with a new name, open VirtualDJ and now you can split Hotcues along with the new Page you created.

In case you need to keep the Stems (Pads 1 to 4) in the page and have them available when no Split is done, you could rename all the index numbers so that the top are 1 to 4 and bottom are 5 to 8.
Hopefully all the above are not hard to follow.

Posted Wed 05 Jul 23 @ 2:52 pm
@Dj Dad I will try thanks for this...

Posted Thu 06 Jul 23 @ 3:24 pm