Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Can someone please help me tweak my echo out effect?
I am using version 2023 B7360.

I would like to adjust/create the echo out effect, to be applied to vocals only.

So when I push one effect button, the track goes to vocals only, then echos out. Right now I push a stem button or knob then hit the echo out button.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Thank you! Chris

Posted Tue 16 May 23 @ 2:32 pm
there have been 6 updates since that build - update to the current build

Posted Tue 16 May 23 @ 8:55 pm
deck x only_stem 'vocal' & effect_active 'echo out'

replace x with the deck you want it to work on

Posted Wed 17 May 23 @ 12:31 am
You can also go grab the script from the stems+fx pad page that is now included by default. It's one 8f the 4 bottom pads
That uses the new way of adding the stems you want the fx to work on directly on the padfx action, and you can add all the specific fx settings you want to the action too

Posted Wed 17 May 23 @ 5:42 am
Thank you! 2 more questions.

Does the newest update feature an echo out that removes the vocal already in the effects bank? I use the Pro Layout and a Denon MC 4000 so I can click the drop down menu?

Secondly the script in this thread? How can I assign it to my controller? Or do I have to make it a keyboard shortcut? And how would I control the length?

THANK YOU for the help! Chris

Posted Wed 24 May 23 @ 3:00 pm
wildcountryclub wrote :
there have been 6 updates since that build - update to the current build

Does the current build include this new echo out effect? Thanks. Chris

Posted Wed 24 May 23 @ 3:01 pm
wickedmix wrote :

Is this just a keyboard effect? Or can I some how get this onto my controller? How would I adjust the length?

Thanks! Chris

Posted Wed 24 May 23 @ 3:02 pm
you can put that code on a pad of a controller a keyboard key or a controller button

Posted Wed 24 May 23 @ 7:47 pm
chris1974 wrote :
wickedmix wrote :

Is this just a keyboard effect? Or can I some how get this onto my controller? How would I adjust the length?

Thanks! Chris

You can add the sliders and buttons settings to the script as well
So like:
deck 1 only_stem 'vocal' & effect_slider 'echo out' 1 50% & effect_slider 'echo out' 2 70% & effect_active 'echo out'

Posted Thu 25 May 23 @ 8:07 am
klausmogensen wrote :
chris1974 wrote :
wickedmix wrote :

Thanks! Chris

You can add the sliders and buttons settings to the script as well
So like:
deck 1 only_stem 'vocal' & effect_slider 'echo out' 1 50% & effect_slider 'echo out' 2 70% & effect_active 'echo out'

Thank you very much!! I can not wait to try and do this on my controller. I have not custom mapped on a controller before. Is it difficult? Would you happen to have a video or tutorial I could watch?

Again, totally appreciate your help! CM

Posted Tue 30 May 23 @ 5:14 pm