Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: New laptop and keyboard settings
Hello community,

I recently purchased a new laptop. After downloading, virtual DJ from the virtual DJ site and restoring data backup from my external hard drive, a back up of my keyboard settings has not been created. The latest tracks that I’ve downloaded are there. My latest cue points and metadata and tags information is there. When I restored back up data, I made sure that every box was checked (mappers, playlist, custom buttons, instant filters, and etc.). I even ejected my hard drive and put it in my older laptop and everything is there including the keyboard settings. Is there something in my internal hard drive that I need to bring over to my external hard drive to put into my new laptops internal hard drive? Which files or application would that be and where would I have to copy that file or application to? Would it be easier for me to delete virtual DJ from my new laptop and just click and drag Virtual DJ from my old laptop to my external hard drive and the. click and drag virtual DJ for my external hard drive to my new laptop? Thanks in advance for any tips you can offer.

Posted Tue 25 Apr 23 @ 9:39 pm
DJ Cali-Flo (The Real) wrote :
Hello community,

I recently purchased a new laptop. After downloading, virtual DJ from the virtual DJ site and restoring data backup from my external hard drive, a back up of my keyboard settings has not been created. The latest tracks that I’ve downloaded are there. My latest cue points and metadata and tags information is there. When I restored back up data, I made sure that every box was checked (mappers, playlist, custom buttons, instant filters, and etc.). I even ejected my hard drive and put it in my older laptop and everything is there including the keyboard settings. Is there something in my internal hard drive that I need to bring over to my external hard drive to put into my new laptops internal hard drive? Which files or application would that be and where would I have to copy that file or application to? Would it be easier for me to delete virtual DJ from my new laptop and just click and drag Virtual DJ from my old laptop to my external hard drive and the. click and drag virtual DJ for my external hard drive to my new laptop? Thanks in advance for any tips you can offer.

This problem has been resolved. I didn't do anything special or different. I think it just took time for my laptop to read the all the files on my external drive. Out of nowhere my keyboard settings kicked in. I have since then deleted all unused keyboard settings since then. I have ran into a new problem however but I'll present this problem in another ticket/topic if I can't find someone who experienced the same problem I'm experiencing.

Posted Wed 26 Apr 23 @ 10:17 pm