Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Folders Not Expanding (Offline)
Hi everybody,

I've put 25 files in the Beatsource Offline Locker, closed VDJ. Turned off WIFI. Reopened VDJ. Local Music is not expanding, as well as Online Music, so i can't get into Beatsource Offline Locker. I'm clicking + and nothing is happening anywhere. I love the app but this feels really uncomfortable. Image this at an event...any ideas?

Macbook Air M1, Ventura

Donny

Posted Wed 05 Apr 23 @ 12:32 am
I closed and opened VDJ again, folders still not expanding. Closed and opened a second time, folders started expanding. I closed all the folders, now nothing is expanding again.

It seems to be OK when WIFI is on, but when WIFI is off, it's very unpredictable...I'm stumped.

Full disclosure: I'm coming from DJAY, and I've not experienced this there. I really want to use VDJ because of the stems, but this is a roadblock for me for venues where there's no WIFI or celluar network access...

Donny

Posted Wed 05 Apr 23 @ 12:43 am
It should not work as you describe.

I can NOT reproduce folders NOT expanding. (but I am testing with BeatPort Pro, Win 10 and VDJ 7412)

The test:
1) With VDJ off, disconnect internet access.

2) Start VDJ. No issue expanding Local Virtual Folders.

3) Navigate to "Online Music" after a second it opens

4) Navigate to Beatport folder > Offline Tracks (may take another half second the first time)
Results: All the current Beatport cached, 600+ tracks load and play
(and of course the Tidal and non-cached Beatport tracks will not load.)

Maybe someone can test your variation, with a Mac and Beatsource.

NOTE: One can add your cached tracks to any Virtual folder, which could be listed among the Local folders, for easier navigation. (will not allow for access, if not cached, though)

Posted Wed 05 Apr 23 @ 6:35 am
Thank you SO MUCH for the message. It's doing better now, but I'm not sure what's changed for it to begin behaving better. I'll keep monitoring as I practice daily. My next event is not for a week and a half, so I expect to be smooth sailing by that time.

The virtual folder tip for the cached files is very helpful. I'll be doing that for sure.

Donny

Posted Wed 05 Apr 23 @ 11:57 am