Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: My new Mix r&b hip hop - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

kabensaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
BaDBoYTeK: I am just using the keyboard and the mouse.

Posted Sat 06 Dec 03 @ 10:04 am
hey sup ppl ,,,,,,,,,,,,, hey kbs good work on the mix man i mix hiphop r&b and i know how hard it is BUT

pls do not claim that it is only vdj coz its not
and the scratch is not only vdj i know that for 2 reasons

1. i practiced on scratching with vdj alot and i really mean alot i came out with not bad scratch that go with the beat 100% but they would never sound like the scratch u have on ur mix ( done with a turntable )

2. most of the songs on ur mix are remixes i know that coz i have alot of them they are mixes dont by professional djs and are sold over the net and if anyone is intrested i could list u at least 10 diffrent names of djs who do that i have some of the ones u have and i got more,,,,,,, some of them are found on kazza and such

i do use these mixes 2 coz they are easier to mix because they start with just a beat and have a very good intro usually resulting in very smooth remixes and nice intro's ,,,,,

i wouldnt have said anything about it if u hadnt claimed that it was all you on vdj sorry bro but if its not urs dont clame that it is

if anyone is intrested on how and where to get these mixes just ask and i'll give u the names and links so u can either buy them or download them

just ask ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and kbs man good job smoooth mixes but u got along way to go b4 u can make somthing like this

dj smokey

Posted Sat 13 Dec 03 @ 8:54 am
@dj smokey

Dude we get the point, no need to cross-post in the same forum.

Regards;

Redman247

Posted Sat 13 Dec 03 @ 9:39 am
dj smokey
I have never said that I didn’t use remix version to do my set of r&b mix.
Also I have never said that I did the scratch.

BUT I confirm that I am the one who did and author of those set of R&B mixs.

If you don’t believe me, may be I am a better DJ than you are : )) that's it
The only advice I can give you is :
To practice more and one day you will be able to do what I did and even better who knows.

Posted Sat 13 Dec 03 @ 3:11 pm
LOL u did claim that u did the scratch
buddy i make my own remixes and my own scratch

u better practice a bit and come back

Posted Fri 19 Dec 03 @ 4:59 pm
rizzzHome userMember since 2004
hi can you send the songs or something because everytime i click the link it doesnt appear..i really want to listen to ur mixes because i am the also the very few who want to use hip hop/R&b/rap music for virtual dj. If you do this for me it would really be appreciated! thanks

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry rizzz no email address is allowed from a demo user

Posted Sun 04 Jan 04 @ 10:48 am
I'd appreciate that aswell, i've been trying to find mixes of hip hop/r'n'b with this software and i've been through the forums and none of your links work anymore.
So it would be greatly appreciated if you could hook us up!

Posted Sun 04 Jan 04 @ 11:28 am

Posted Mon 19 Jan 04 @ 7:08 pm
sgorHome userMember since 2004
Did you really have to put them in real player format? I hate that program it is just full of junk programming. Can you put your next mix up in wma so I can listen.

Posted Fri 23 Jan 04 @ 2:13 pm
Hi kabensa,

Good job !
;-)

Are you French ?
Will you go to the next SIEL event at Paris ?
If yes, when ? I would like to meet you and hope to assist to a live demo withy VDJ Pro from you.

Regards
Laurent

Posted Fri 23 Jan 04 @ 2:40 pm
ltozzi, yes I planned to go next week in SIEL event at Paris, but it’s not 100% sure at the moment because I got a lot of job recently.
The only thing that I can promise is that I will try to do my best to be in the rendez-vous and met all vdj users and and and THE atomix developper team.

Regarding your question, where I am coming from, just have a look to my profile by clicking on the name kabensa.

Posted Sat 24 Jan 04 @ 12:33 am
Just downloaded the mixes, i'll come back and give my opinion once ive listened! Im looking forward to hearing them.

Posted Sat 24 Jan 04 @ 1:35 am
I just listened to mix 7 and damn...im VERY impressed.
This is exactly what i wanna be doing.
You've definately inspired me.
I've been practising beat matching and just mixing one track into another and im starting to get the hang of that but your mix just adds soo much more than that. Do you have any tips/tricks you could give me?
I guess your using instrumental tracks aswell?
Im gonna be studying your mixes for ages now trying to figure out how you done half the stuff.
Anyways, im gonna listen to the others now.
Keep up the good work man, and any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Sat 24 Jan 04 @ 2:07 am
Hey Kabensa,

could you upload one of your mixes onto the new server in a different file format ? I'm using Linux right now, don't have time to reinstall Windows so basically for now I am able to read anything BUT real player :o)

That would be very appreciated.
Maybe see you at the Siel event in Paris in 8 days.

Willy.

Posted Sat 24 Jan 04 @ 5:30 pm
djvybeHome userMember since 2004
Hey smokey187,

I'd love to find out where to get some of the DJ remixes you've been talking about. I have some myself but am always looking to get more. You can email me at: --@--.--

Thanks!

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry djvybe no email address is allowed from a demo user

Posted Sat 31 Jan 04 @ 10:03 pm
Er, My email's ****

Posted Sat 31 Jan 04 @ 10:03 pm
djvybe, as you can see: no email address is allowed from a demo user.

Another try an you will be banned !

Coyote

Posted Sat 31 Jan 04 @ 10:14 pm
Frankly I don't understand why users on this forum cannot communicate outside of this site. Seems like a serious violation of freedom of speech.

Anyway I hope AIM sns are allowed. My SN is "****"

Posted Sat 31 Jan 04 @ 10:40 pm
djvybe, last warning !

You have to respect the rules of this forum and this site, you are on Official site of Atomix Productions.

If you don't like it, you don't post, that's all !

Coyote

Posted Sat 31 Jan 04 @ 10:44 pm
BTW - I just had a listen of your mixes. Not a bad job, but there are some points that need to be addressed, as smokey pointed out earlier:

1. All scratches, samples, etc, used in your mix were not done by you, they were already part of the song since you used the extended remixes (as others mentioned, Funkymix, X-Mix, etc). I think by saying you only used Virtual DJ will get people confused since a lot of the work was already done for you. All you did was beatmatch songs together, and since the remixes you used have clear beats for intros and outros, that job is not very difficult.

2. As for the beatmatching, good job, but you need to learn to juggle the beats even longer. The reason those extended mixes are so long, like 5 mins each, is so you can juggle beats as long as possible, up to 1 minute usually. When you're djing live, you don't want to hear beats with little vocals for more than a few seconds, which I noticed was common in your mixes. As it is now with your mix, you hear a song, then the outro beats mixed in with the intro beats of the next song, then the next song. To be good at djing, your mix should sound like one contineous song. Again, if you simply beatmatch earlier and juggle the beats longer, the songs will sound more continuous.

Posted Sat 31 Jan 04 @ 10:55 pm
80%