Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: How can I move effects into subfolders?
shootdajPRO SubscriberMember since 2005
I have some effects that I don't accidentally want to select, things like Brakestart. So at some point I had moved it to an "Ignore" subfolder inside the Effects list as in the attached screenshot:

But I forgot how I did it. So now I can't move any effect in or out. Can anyone suggest how to move effects in and out of folders?

When I go to my Plugins64 folder, all effects are directly under that folder, and none are under the Plugins64\SoundEffect or Plugins64\SoundEffect\Ignore

Thank you in advance.

Posted Sat 25 Feb 23 @ 2:04 am
Simply right click on the effect and choose to move it back

Posted Sat 25 Feb 23 @ 2:19 am
An alternative method is to uninstall those effects that you do not wish to use. One can always add them back with a click, if you want them in the future.

Brakestart for example and most of FX effects have been added at: Options > Extentions > Effects
Just click the Uninstall button there to "hide" them.

Posted Sat 25 Feb 23 @ 2:26 am
shootdajPRO SubscriberMember since 2005
@PHANTOMDEEJAY thank you that was much easier than I thought it would be lol.
@IIDEEJAYII thank you for that suggestion.

Posted Sat 25 Feb 23 @ 2:42 am
Uninstalling an effect is different from moving it onto a folder.
A user may want to move effects that don't use frequently on a folder so that they remain on the system, but they don't get in the way when you scroll between effects with actions like effect_select +1

So basically you can "cleanup" the "root list" to leave there only effects that you use all the time, and move the rest onto folder(s) that you can either select by mouse if needed, or call directly via script if needed.

Posted Sat 25 Feb 23 @ 2:52 am