Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Smart Fader Issues
Smart Fader Issues

By having the button activated and inserting a new song, the smart fader stops working, for this it forces me to deactivate the button and reset the pith of the songs so that when I hit the smart fader button again, it synchronizes them and makes it work again . This is very uncomfortable so it should not affect its operation, that is to say that when inserting a new song it would have to continue working with the active button. Another thing is that it does not work with large bpm differences, for example, one song has 80 and another 140 or 150, because when pressing the smart fader it cannot match the bpm of the two songs and what it does is go from 140 to 160. 😔

Posted Sun 19 Feb 23 @ 10:45 am
Yes, you ned to activate it again for each new song. If not it will act based on the bpms that were present when it was activated

Posted Sun 19 Feb 23 @ 10:51 am
Can the functionality be changed to the way it works in rekordbox?

In rekordbox it shows the target BPM which is adjustable with the tempo sliders and I don't have to turn smart fader on and off. Smart fader continues to work in a smooth experience.

To get the same functionality in virtual DJ I have to first turn smart fader off, set the BPM of the second song, play it, turn smart fader back on and then mix.

Feature at present seems half baked. Would like it to be further developed to be smooth like in rekordbox.

Posted Tue 25 Apr 23 @ 12:35 am