Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Video FX Dropdown
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
When playing video, and when on the Video tab, there is a "Video FX" dropdown under the respective decks video preview. This dropdown doesn't remember the last video effect selected & is blank when the program is first loaded, when you select a video effect, and the parameters are set to match whatever is set for the corresponding master video out.
For example if you select "slideshow" for deck 1, it will default to whatever folder the master "slideshow" effect is using, and match it's screen position settings.
I tried changing the skin so it used a slot rather than the name 'video' (ie. effect_select 4, effect_active 4 etc) but it still reverts back to blank the next time the program is loaded.
What am I doing wrong or missing & is it possible to get the program to remember the effect loaded in the dedicated video fx slot, if I select a video effect on the decks "FX Pad" it will remember that (and it's settings) the next time the program is loaded, just not on the dedicated video fx slot.

Posted Mon 13 Feb 23 @ 5:31 pm
OK ignore the first message, i can't get my skin to remember effects slots past slot 6.
Is there a limit to the number of slots a skin remembers as I have just added a few extra slots to play with and they are always blank when the program loads.

This is the script, I can't see anything wrong with it:

<panel class="fxdrop" x="+5" y="+50-13+37+13" action1="effect_active 8" action2="effect_select 8" textaction="get_effect_name 8 &amp; param_uppercase"/>

But whatever was in the slot when I close the program, it is blank when the programs reloads, slots up to & including slot 6 remember the last thing loaded.
If there is a limit to the the number of slots the skin remembers then that's fine, i just want to make sure I am not missing something.

Posted Tue 14 Feb 23 @ 3:48 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
That is correct, only 6 deck slot effects are remembered, and the video effect slot is only remembered on master.
Slideshow settings on deck should still be remembered separately from slideshow settings on master though.

Posted Tue 14 Feb 23 @ 5:09 pm
I'm not sure if I am misunderstanding something but at the moment on my laptop, if i have 'slideshow' loaded on any slot on my left deck & any slot on my right deck I can set them to different folders, I can also set the 'master' slideshow to a different folder & it all works as you would expect, but when I next load the program, all 3 'slideshow' instances are set to whatever was the last folder i selected.
I have also noticed the same thing seems to be happening with normal fx slots, if i load 'loop roll' into slot 2 on my left deck, & into slot 1 on my right deck for example, then adjust both knobs on each deck to different values, if I close then reload the program both decks 'loop roll' slots are set to the values of whichever deck I adjusted last.
Maybe this has always been the case & I've not noticed before, I have always just assumed that they would store each decks parameters separately.

Posted Tue 14 Feb 23 @ 6:04 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Individual decks indeed do not save individual settings. So when using slideshow on left deck and on right deck only the settings for the ones last modified will be saved.
But the deck slideshow and master slideshow should allow for different settings.

Posted Tue 14 Feb 23 @ 6:14 pm
That is not happening for me, if I set left deck, right deck then master deck 'overlays' slideshow to different folders, when I load the program the next time, all 3 have the same folder setting. If the master deck was the last 'slideshow' I changed, that is the folder all 3 decks will be on.

PS. The 'video source' 'slideshow' does remember its settings, for when you play audio files, is this the deck you are referring to?

Posted Wed 15 Feb 23 @ 10:37 am