Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: An Extension/Plug-in to control and drive Capture virtual light show software
I thought I would throw this out there and see if anyone bites or knows anything about this. Capture Visualizations, a lighting-design software company from Sweden , makes a software called Capture 2022, which not only allows you to just 'create and design' a light show, but (unlike other lighting design and control software) the light shows you design and create in Capture are rendered into a "virtual" light show that looks almost like the real thing, like you are watching an actual real light show. It is expensive for their full version called Solo (>$300), but ....they also make a 'limited' version for free-use called Capture Student Edition.

https://www.capture.se

This is like, totally INCREDIBLE and can you imagine the possibilities for online DJ video-streaming? So my request for Virtual DJ is to take a 'good deep look' at this light show software and technology, and possibly make an extension or even a regular feature that allows interfacing or allows the audio (beat & loudness) and controls from VDJ to control and drive a virtual light show in Capture. It is my belief that if someone runs with this, if VDJ did this, you would have an edge on all other DJ software out there beyond anyone's wildest dreams.

Whoever is interested, I watched a video made by the great EDM lighting engineer Christian Jackson on his YouTube channel. He designed a virtual light show in Capture which (in this case) he is controlling with his GrandMA2 lighting control board and software. Now ....think about if something like this could be controlled by VDJ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAPnyLcRSx0

I think this could be absolutely huge! I swear I hope someone checks out this video and runs with this....

Posted Wed 04 Jan 23 @ 3:38 am
Hello, you can send MIDI, Beat, OS2L and AbletonLink to any other software.
And you can edit the Cue of the waveform with action pois, to send a special midi signal to you favorit light software.
So u can program a special light show for each track with if this than do this, vdj is only the live trigger.

Capture is only the visual in your youtube link, the programming is from the grandma a hardware light interface.

I use the freestyler plugin in vdj and have activated sendbeat over midi to send two virtual midi ports to daslight. Then i have rename the remix points to action points, very simple to move to the next, but its works for me as a mobil DJ and its a liite look like a LJ is working.

Posted Wed 04 Jan 23 @ 7:08 am
Thank you so much for your reply and for clarifying this information Hardy! :-)

Posted Thu 05 Jan 23 @ 5:22 pm