Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: RANE Seventy A-Trak edition mapping
Hi VDJ!

It only took 6 months before the 70 got supported. It's now makking a year and half and still no support of the 70 A-Trak version.

When should we be expecting a support release? Or shall I sell my mixer?

Thanks

Posted Tue 03 Jan 23 @ 1:04 am
It should be supported from build 7360 onwards.
Have you tried it recently ?

Posted Tue 03 Jan 23 @ 12:43 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
It should be supported from build 7360 onwards.
Have you tried it recently ?

Oh I haven't notice before. Thanks! It does recognise it now but keeps asking me to install the driver although it is up to date. I did reistal multiple times.

I tried to change the selection of audio from WASAPI to ASIO. Different combinations of outs and ins. Sometime I do have sounds coming out of the mixer but lose the faders and crossfaders controls.

It does recognise my DVS vinyls.

So all in all it still does not work plug and play like I'm used too from VDJ. :(

Posted Fri 07 Apr 23 @ 10:45 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Please do the following:
  • Connect the mixer on your laptop
  • Start VirtualDJ
  • Open settings
  • Click "Options" tab
  • On top box search for "createMIDILog" option
  • Set the option to yes
  • Restart VirtualDJ
  • Open settings (again)
  • Click "Options" tab (again)
  • Click on the cog icon on the bottom right corner of the settings window (This should open an Explorer/Finder window with VirtualDJ "home" directory
  • Close VirtualDJ without closing the Explorer/Finder window
  • On the Explorer/Finder window locate a text file named "Log Report.txt"
  • Send me that file via email at george.t@virtualdj.com

PS: We don't have the device and we supported it remotely based on another's user feedback.
If you're willing to send me that file and provide some feedback we should be able to improve it.

Thank you so much. I sent it. :)

Posted Sat 08 Apr 23 @ 7:55 pm
Thank you.
Try again with the latest EA version to see if it got better.

Posted Wed 12 Apr 23 @ 11:11 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Thank you.
Try again with the latest EA version to see if it got better.

I did yesterday and indeed it's much, much better. Thank you so much!!!

I noticed 3 things not working properly:
1- Headphone out is not working for the cues only in Main master
2- Preview does not play in headphones, instead it is in the main
3- On the A-Track edition is not "Instant double" but "sync" buttons that have 3 layers to choose from in the mixer's menu (sync-instant double-silent cue). Only instant double is recognized by VDJ. Additionally, it would be interesting to be able to use "SHIFT+SYNC" to program customized actions (e.g., for me it would be pitch reset).

Posted Wed 12 Apr 23 @ 5:07 pm
1. https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/rane/70/layout/mixer.html
CUE MIX was set to far left ? VirtualDJ has no control over headphones port. It's 100% hardware operated.

2. Same as above. VirtualDJ cannot send a "headphones" output on Seventy since it doesn't feature one.
Instead when using prelisten VirtualDJ tries to be smart and send the prelisten audio to the deck that's not master (and therefore most likely you are prelistening). However if both decks are audible, you will get prelisten out on master since it's fed on one of the two decks.

3. If you can use an application like MIDIOX or similar to identify the MIDI messages sent by the button on the different layers, we'll be more than happy to add them.

Posted Wed 12 Apr 23 @ 6:07 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
1. https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/rane/70/layout/mixer.html
CUE MIX was set to far left ? VirtualDJ has no control over headphones port. It's 100% hardware operated.

2. Same as above. VirtualDJ cannot send a "headphones" output on Seventy since it doesn't feature one.
Instead when using prelisten VirtualDJ tries to be smart and send the prelisten audio to the deck that's not master (and therefore most likely you are prelistening). However if both decks are audible, you will get prelisten out on master since it's fed on one of the two decks.

3. If you can use an application like MIDIOX or similar to identify the MIDI messages sent by the button on the different layers, we'll be more than happy to add them.

1. It actually works.

2. After a few tests, it's working on the line that is not in the master but only if the fader is down to zero.

3. here's the screenshots the midi log, first of the sync & second the cue silent.

Posted Thu 13 Apr 23 @ 4:13 pm
Can you check (and post the corresponding screenshots) if the buttons send different messages when holding SHIFT and pressing them (for all 3 modes) ?

Posted Fri 14 Apr 23 @ 10:26 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Can you check (and post the corresponding screenshots) if the buttons send different messages when holding SHIFT and pressing them (for all 3 modes) ?

I did "SHIFT + SYNC left" & "SHIFT & SYNC right" on all screenshots.
Screen 1 = SHIFT + SYNC
Screen 2 = SHIFT + SILENT CUE
Screen 3 = SHIFT + INSTANT DOUBLE

Posted Sat 15 Apr 23 @ 7:29 pm
So, basically the "extra" modes (SYNC and SILENT CUE) don't send different MIDI messages when used with SHIFT. Only main mode (INSTANT DOUBLES) does.

This means that in order to access "shifted" operations on those buttons you need to use shift verb in mapping instead of using the SHIFT_XXX key.

In simple words, because you can't have SHIFT_SYNC in the list of available keys for that controller you need to map SYNC key like this: shift ? pitch_reset : sync

BTW: Controller update will be available in next EA

Posted Tue 18 Apr 23 @ 7:46 am