Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Novation LaunchKEY 37
I have one of these, and never really thought about it, but it can prove useful for having a few extra buttons and knobs, not to mention the actual keyboard keys for some other creative things. I have never really had much need for many scripts, but now I'm trying to customize this device and am running head first into the brick wall.

I am trying to map the pad buttons to the stems pads. I got that to work, however I can't figure out how to map the LED portions of the buttons so I can have the visual cue of what state each of the buttons are in. Right now, every button is blue. It turns green when pressed, and back to blue when released. The corresponding button on the software behaves correctly (toggles on and off)....I want the LED to behave the same and can't figure it out.

Can anybody help? TIA

Posted Sat 24 Dec 22 @ 2:34 am

Posted Sat 24 Dec 22 @ 8:06 pm
Any thoughts before i contact support directly?

Posted Tue 27 Dec 22 @ 2:37 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Took a look at the User Guide, but doesnt contain any useful information (especially how the RGB leds of the Pads can be controlled via MIDI), so start with asking the MIDI Protocol from Novation .

Posted Tue 27 Dec 22 @ 3:04 pm
There's a programmers reference guide on that page too (10th download link under 'documentation').

Posted Tue 27 Dec 22 @ 4:06 pm
I looked at both of those and tried to write an XML definition, but i still couldn’t figure it out…(I’m a MUCH better dj than programmer)…😂

Posted Tue 27 Dec 22 @ 5:07 pm