Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: How about a Color Key for each folder?
I just thought of an idea

color coding is quite useful, but there are very limited colors in the rainbow before they start looking too similar so the use of color coding can be really limited by that

so, my suggestion is that you could create a color key for individual folders, so as you open the folder, at the top there would be a color key that shows the colors and what they stand for, thus making it a bit easier to remind yourself why you colored things a certain way in a particular folder, and really expanding the use of color coding

if it isnt workable then you could at least have it as a master key for a DJ to remind themselves about the color system they are using (it could even have a 'down arrow'' to show or hide it so as not to eat up space when not needed), most djs will want to use the same system for their whole collection anyways.. but it would be cool to have it for individual folders because it will expand your options.

also great when working with more than one DJ using the same computer at an event which i do sometimes, and shouting over the music is not a great way to try and explain it

PS if anyone is wondering why you would want a "non dj friendly" song in their collection.
i uses this to indicate songs that have some talking or something in it that i dont want to play in a gig.. often ill edit it out, but if there is not time a red color code at least warns me.

Posted Wed 21 Dec 22 @ 6:10 pm