Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Stem split functionality
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Is it possible to replicate with midi the stem split feature from the new Rane four, where it can set an Acapella to one channel and the instrumental to another?

Posted Thu 08 Dec 22 @ 1:19 pm

Posted Thu 08 Dec 22 @ 4:49 pm
We can't see it unless we:

A) Have a Facebook acount
B) Join the private group

Can the info be posted here please, for those non-Facebook fans?

@listen2 it's also possible to split the stems into four (one on each fader) on the Rane 4, if you have the patience. With VDJ you could potentially split it FIVE ways.

Posted Thu 08 Dec 22 @ 5:59 pm
Nice, I figured it was possible, just wasn't sure if it was already.

I can't see the group either, but why is that on FB and not on this official forum?

Posted Thu 08 Dec 22 @ 6:07 pm
from Facebook wrote :
I just watched DDJTs launch video for the future "Rane FOUR" which is coming out next year.
Most of the stems stuff is well known features by now, but I hadn't seen split stems before.
However I think they are mostly like a combination of clone deck/instant doubles and disabling some stems
So something like this in VDJ:

Posted Thu 08 Dec 22 @ 6:43 pm
I shared the Facebook link as it is only a way to emulate it and not necessarily an officially supported way of making it happen.

Anyway, I've posted the text and video above.

Posted Thu 08 Dec 22 @ 6:45 pm
Mojaxx was live streaming with the Rane 4 the other day and demo'd both two way and four way stems splits.

It does use multiple clones of a track, so for two way it uses decks 1 & 3 (left side) or 2 &4 (right side) and all four decks for a 4 way split. The two way is just automated to happen with one button - which of course we can do with VDJ too.

Posted Thu 08 Dec 22 @ 10:10 pm
groovindj wrote :
Mojaxx was live streaming with the Rane 4 the other day and demo'd both two way and four way stems splits.

It does use multiple clones of a track, so for two way it uses decks 1 & 3 (left side) or 2 &4 (right side) and all four decks for a 4 way split. The two way is just automated to happen with one button - which of course we can do with VDJ too.

for one button auto is that a function that needs to be built in or is it already possible? I figured you could just clone each deck, but the auto/sync with one button is key.

Posted Fri 09 Dec 22 @ 5:03 pm