Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Automix Playback Question
Hi everyone, I'm not a DJ but our band is considering using Virtual DJ as a playback system for our backing tracks. It has all we need in a super stable platform (inclduing video) so it seems like a good choice. We'll be running this exclusively in Dual Deck Automix mode so the tracks advance automatically but my question is this. Is it possible to tweak the playback so that each track doesn't automatically continue to the next track? What I'd prefer is for each track to play full to then end, stop and cue to the start of the next track but pause there so we can start the next song manually (spacebar tap). Any guidance would be super helpful. Thanks.

Posted Tue 15 Nov 22 @ 11:19 pm
Instead of using automix then, you could easily map a button that once pressed, it will load the next track and start playing it.
So basically the track plays to the end and stops. Then you press the button, the program loads the next track in the list, goes to the first cue and starts playing till the end, and then stops again.
And then you repeat the process.

PS: With a professional license and the right gear you can even map a specific MIDI note of a MIDI keyboard / synth to do that. Or you could possibly map a few MIDI notes to have even more control.

Posted Wed 16 Nov 22 @ 12:34 am
Thank you George, that's exactly what I'm looking to do. Not sure how to make that happen though. Where do I load the set of songs? In Sidelist? In Automix? How do I get VDJ to load but not play yet until I hit the spacebar?

Sorry for so many questions. All new to me,

Posted Wed 16 Nov 22 @ 5:34 pm
Typically you would load the songs on playlist (automix)

Then you don't need after the song is done for the next track to load and hold.

You need the NEXT song to load, go to cue and start playing AFTER you press a button.

This can be done easily with a code like this:
browser_scroll + 1 & load & wait 500ms & goto_cue 1 & play

The code above can be used for remapping a key on your keyboard.
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/settings/controllers.html
Keyboard is considered a "controller" for the software. So, everything that the above page say, also applies on keyboard

Posted Wed 16 Nov 22 @ 9:33 pm
I really appreciate your help, George but that mapping doesn't seem to be doing anything. I'm sure it's me. I even tried simplifying to just: browser_scroll+1 to see if it would scroll but nothing.

Posted Wed 16 Nov 22 @ 11:51 pm
try:
browser_scroll +1 & load & wait 500ms & goto_cue 1 & play

Posted Thu 17 Nov 22 @ 12:00 am
THAT'S IT!!! Just needed to remove the space between the + and the 1. Thank you very much

Posted Thu 17 Nov 22 @ 12:29 am