Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Tools for Visualisations
djsh69PRO InfinityMember since 2018
There are a lot of (older) songs where no videos are available.
XtendaMix and other services sometimes have animated videos, some of them with text visualizers.

Is anybody of you making such type of videos?
Are there any affordable tools available?

best regards
Stephan

Posted Mon 07 Nov 22 @ 6:08 pm
It's built into VDJ
You can replace audio only files with different types of visualizations automatically
The most commonly used is probably with shaders
Here is a collection of them:

And here is a version for the latest VDJ builds

Posted Mon 07 Nov 22 @ 7:01 pm
I already use shaders (and like them somehow).
But I prefer to have everything completely finished inside one video file,
thats also why I don‘t like the inbuilt video editor, who stores its edits in a textfile, so I have to keep all linked parts in the same place.

BTW: I also saw a few of your YouTube videos. Great work, thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Posted Mon 07 Nov 22 @ 9:41 pm
Have you considered using a video skin for audio only files?

Posted Mon 07 Nov 22 @ 9:43 pm
djsh69 wrote :
I prefer to have everything completely finished inside one video file

You're going to need a lot of free time if you plan to make your own personal video for every track that doesn't have one.

Using shaders, MilkDrop or a slideshow as an "audio only visualisation" would consume much less of your time.

Posted Mon 07 Nov 22 @ 10:02 pm
groovindj wrote :
djsh69 wrote :
I prefer to have everything completely finished inside one video file

You're going to need a lot of free time if you plan to make your own personal video for every track that doesn't have one.

Using shaders, MilkDrop or a slideshow as an "audio only visualisation" would consume much less of your time.

I totally agree with you, and that’s the way for the average „no video“ - song.
But there are some songs I play more often so I think I will invest some time in them.

Posted Tue 08 Nov 22 @ 8:14 pm
or so:
----->
Use the "video editor", edit everything with it as you want it and then simply record everything as an mp4 or webm.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Tue 08 Nov 22 @ 11:37 pm
Lotte21PRO InfinityMember since 2018
Look into your privat messages.
Sieh mal nach in deinem Account in "private Nachricht"

Posted Thu 01 Dec 22 @ 7:48 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002

Posted Fri 02 Dec 22 @ 5:59 am
There are After Effects templates you can download that will let you drop in an audio file, change a bit of artwork, and will generate great visualizations for a song.

You will need to know some basic After Effects to use them though, and have an Adobe subscription.

Posted Fri 02 Dec 22 @ 7:09 am
christianwheel wrote :
There are After Effects templates

Can you provide further details? I'd like to have a look at these.

Posted Tue 06 Dec 22 @ 6:33 pm
Here's a page that was the first result when googling it: https://mixkit.co/free-after-effects-templates/audio-visualizer/

Basically you want to look for After Effects visualizer templates that are free. Most of the premium ones will not be free though, you'll find a bunch on Envato Elements, VideoHive, MotionArray, etc.

Posted Thu 08 Dec 22 @ 1:14 pm
Thanks! I subscribe to Envato Elements. Now having looked at these, they all look quite basic to me.

Posted Thu 08 Dec 22 @ 10:36 pm
If you're using Windows then Plane9 is great or you can grab an old copy of WinAmp and use the Milkdrop visualizer, it still works fine.
If you want to make your own videos then there's endless material on Pexels and Pixabay

Posted Sat 07 Jan 23 @ 4:56 am
goonbobHome userMember since 2023
I know this is an old topic but I've been developing a website in my spare time for this exact problem. You put together short clips (vj loops similar to stuff on pixabay) that loop into each other in time with the track and you can customise colours and transitions. It's not finished as I'm begging for feedback at the moment as I don't know how to price it and I'm also not 100% sure about generating the video on servers. Would love to know if I'm wasting my time or actually solving a problem! Have a look at musicvideobuilder.com, hopefully we can help each other out.

Posted Thu 30 Nov 23 @ 10:01 pm
I use sbdj's mikdrop64. Love it.

Posted Wed 21 Feb 24 @ 9:58 pm