Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: ACTIVATE / DEACTIVATE ACTIONS ON PIOS
CueItUpPRO InfinityMember since 2014

Posted Sun 06 Nov 22 @ 8:20 pm
look at my skin,
I think this is what you search.

https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/233816/addons/Controller_2020_by_DennYo.html?page=14

This Post:

Cue Jump Mode (DennYo Cue Action Mode)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You can show the “Cue Jump Mode” on 2 Positions:
On “HOTCUES” only visible when “Jump” on
On “EFX” always visible
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Activate the „JUMP“ Button (round dot) will change the HouCue 1-4 to Jump/Target 1 & 2.
Click on the Word „Jump P1” will move to Jump/Target 3 & 4.
Jump 1 CUE 101 Jump 3 CUE 105
Target 1 CUE 102 Target 3 CUE 106
Jump 2 CUE 103 Jump 4 CUE 107
Target 2 CUE 104 Target 4 CUE 108

When you set the Jump and the Target Point, the Track will skip the red mark zone in the Songposition
Wave.
„J1“ jumps to „T1“ „J2“ jumps to „T2“ „J3“ jumps to „T3“ „J4“ jumps to „T4“

When you deactivate the “JUMP” Button the Track doesn’t Jump and will play full.

The “Jump 1” Button insert a Macro to CUE 101.
var_equal ‘@%cueaction20’ 1 ? goto_cue 102 : nothing
The “Jump 2” Button insert a Macro to CUE 103.
var_equal ‘@%cueaction20’ 1 ? goto_cue 104 : nothing
The “Jump 3” Button insert a Macro to CUE 105.
var_equal ‘@%cueaction20’ 1 ? goto_cue 106 : nothing
The “Jump 4” Button insert a Macro to CUE 107.
var_equal ‘@%cueaction20’ 1 ? goto_cue 108 : nothing
“Target 1-4” are named CUE Points (cue 102,104,106,108).

View on “EFX” function is the same.

Additional Info:
The Variable ‘@%cueaction20’ to activate the “Cue Jump Mode” is local and works separately on all
Decks.
Please use the sort 1-4. The presentation on the Songpos Wave will only work correct in this sort. The
function works always.

Posted Sun 06 Nov 22 @ 8:34 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@Denny Respect for the effort of the post but I think it fits the wish.

@CueItUp I get the idea but the problem is lot of people use poi for lots of reasons, like you, user might be bounce round a track, but user might also be call an effect or whatever, it might even be both, they might always want the effect call but not always want the bouncing round.

So your idea hinders a certain way of doing thing, which makes it unlikely to be a granted wish [not saying it won't, but I'm saying it's very unlikely]

however it's possible to what you want right now with no updates needed.

say you have a poi
goto +8

well change it to
var $ignorePOI 1 ? nothing : goto +8

and your button to turn this ignore mode on / off
toggle $ignorePOI

press the button on; the poi does nothing, button off; the goto action is performed

you could even make it per deck if you wanted by removing the $ from the var name [both cases]
And yeah I understand, it looks like a lot of work with a long developed database, but really it's just some find & replace on your database at xml level.

I've told you generally what you need to do [detailed enough if you know the database.xml structure], if you need more help I could walk you thru it, it'd take 5 times longer than me just actually doing it for you, I can code roadie [do the heavy lifting] for a beer or two.

Posted Sun 06 Nov 22 @ 10:11 pm