Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Stem Effects
MHand7Home userMember since 2016
Since the Serato update, I've been playing a little more with stems and effects. A few things have come up:
1 - when using effects with the stems to perform something like an echo out, there is a bleed from the supposedly muted parts. For example, select a 1 beat echo with mute source, assign it to the melody and beats and hit go...the usic fades out nicely but there is still a bleed from the sounds. Turn the relevant stems off completely and then turn the effect off and the vocal sounds a lot cleaner.

2- I use a DJJ REV7 which supposedly can't use software effects alongside the hardware effects due to firmware etc. However, the stem effects work fine & I'm guessing it's because they can be prefader or direct on the line bypassing any mixer stage etc. I can select all the stems to be effected by the effect and then use software effects alongside the REV7 Effetcs. Is this something that could be implemented as a workaround in the mapping if needed??

3- Elephant in the room but the Serato Stems currently sound a little cleaner and more accurate than VDJ. I love so many features of VDJ hence why I use it professionally with various pieces of equipment for both audio and visual shows - Serato just doesn't do it for me. However, Id love to have that level of quality available in the stem department. Is this something that may be worked on in the future?

Posted Wed 19 Oct 22 @ 12:37 pm

Posted Thu 20 Oct 22 @ 7:36 am
MHand7Home userMember since 2016
After testing, what the manual means is what I mention originally - if you are using the hardware effects then the main software effects won’t work.

I have tested this by putting software effects on the pads and using the hardware effects on the unit. The pads don’t work if hardware effects are in use. You have to hit shift and ‘spin’ to switch to software effects.

However, as I stated, you can use the software effects on Stems

Posted Wed 02 Nov 22 @ 10:02 pm