Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: DDJ-FLX6
Long time VDJ user with Pro Infinity License. Used many controllers over my career but recently migrated towards the Pioneer DDJ line. Back in the Day- Adam ( not even sure if he is still part of the Atomixc team) was awesome in helping get me set up a few times. I know my way around a DJ booth, but not so good when it comes to finding the proper settings to change or fix what I need or actually remapping buttons. As an example, in the time I have owned the 400, I have watched countless videos trying to figure out how to assign my drops and samples to the buttons on the 400 skin. Never figured it out and this was one of the reasons I wanted 4 channels. The buttons are the right way, but at this point I just needed anyway. :(

I have used the 400 and love it, but I wanted 4 channels so I just purchased the FLX6 . I have searched through the forums and online videos on you tube and not found much help with the initial set up.

Are there any plans to design a downloadable skin that mirrors the midi with 4 channels and the buttons and layout to match? The 400 skin that I found as a download is good for that controller (it has the pads on there and most of it works), but it isn't 4 channels? Many of the skins have an option at the top to be 2 or 4? Could that skin be tweaked to be a DDJ skin (400, flx6 or 1000)?

Several of the buttons, sliders don't function properly (out of the box). I am sure some remapping would fix it, but that is just not my forte'. For example, the giant Merge FX knob does nothing and while it seems hoaky, I would like to be able to have it as an option. Are there any pre written scripts to remap and fix the non working functions out of the box.

I have also found that 90% of the videos out there on YOUTUBE associated with the FLX6 are relating it to Serato or Record Box. I understand that it was designed to work with those, but I am a VDJ guy and plan to stay that way.... surely there are enough of us in the VDJ community using this controller to warrant more?

I would appreciate any help from you guys and gals using the DDJ products. I am a working DJ earning a living with it so I would love to really get this FLX6 dialed in - I am willing to pay for some help if the is needed.

Thanks
S@DJSean.net

Posted Tue 30 Aug 22 @ 2:15 pm
The missing merge fx should have been added a few builds go. So if you are on the latest public build it should indeed work out of the box

I'm pretty sure you won't find a skin. Controller skins are kind of considered a gimmick these days, so they rarely get made anymore. The general idea is that you get more out of VDJ and your controller by using the pro or performance layouts of the default skin

Posted Tue 30 Aug 22 @ 3:29 pm
I returned the FLX6, not enough benefit over my 400. No need for more responses.

Posted Wed 31 Aug 22 @ 12:14 pm