Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Headphone Support during Sandbox Mode
Issues only occur during Sandbox Mode

It used to work fine when I had a very basic setup but once I went all usb for sound Quality it began.

The music will stop for the audience and ends up all in my ear. I ended up ditching the headphones and winging it on a gig because the issues. Here’s my hardware and configuration.

Headphones ➡️ REV1 controller
REV1 controller ➡️ Laptop via USB
Laptop ➡️ Mixer via USB
Mixer ➡️ Speakers and Subs
Microphone ➡️ Mixer out to Speakers (no need to be configured to Virtual DJ)

Notes: REV1 is only connected to laptop and not speakers because my mixer is usb and handles all the audio.

I don’t want to go rev1 to mixer because it’s only for control at a gig and since it only uses rca the sound quality sucks.

Right now my sound quality is top notch going usb, but configuration to sandbox is my issue. Please help!!!

Hardware:

Headphones: Pioneer HDJ X5BT ( I don’t use the Bluetooth)
Controller: Pioneer REV1
Laptop: 2 channel with 1 stereo output, but don’t use it cause everything connects through usb.
Mixer: Harbinger LV14BT

The configuration I used for Virtual DJ is headphones and speaker. USB sound card

Master usb audio - channel 1 and 2
Headphones REV1 - channel 3 and 4

• This is what virtual gives me. I tried to change to 1 and 2 and it shut me down at gig when I went sandbox.

Would it work if I plug my headphones into my computer headphone Jack instead and do everything the same except headphones set to realtek high definition - channel 1 and 2??

Please help. My problems only occur during sandbox mode and I really don’t want to wing it anymore.

Jimmy Nebula

Posted Mon 29 Aug 22 @ 3:10 pm