Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Does VDJ need a net connection to perform properly?
Hey guys, yesterday I visited a bud and was playing VDJ Home edition on his laptop. Only one of the music folders had half of it's tunes with a red icon next to them so I could not play those tunes. I brought his laptop home with me and looking at it now all is perfectly fine again with that folder.

Yesterday we had issues connecting the Remote App to his network, his network was showing "weak security", can this network issue be why those files had the red icons or was it perhaps just a fluke thing please?

Posted Mon 29 Aug 22 @ 1:44 pm
It only needs the web for net connected features.

You can look in tag editor to see where the red files are stored, that's a clue to whether they will load or not depending on the source location.

Remote is sketchy and works some of the time, it doesn't need a net connection though, just a suitable local network. I have had many connection issues with it so just use Splashtop now.

Posted Mon 29 Aug 22 @ 2:29 pm
I am guessing then it might have been a fluke thing yesterday but regarding the remote connection, it had worked perfectly last 2 times.

I did see an icon in the middle of the App when pressed showed a document listing an IP address to type manually in such a case. Is that IP address to be typed in your phone's browser or in the laptop's browser please?

p.s The remote App worked right off the bat with his laptop here at my home now.

Posted Mon 29 Aug 22 @ 2:33 pm
You type it in to VDJ directly.

I know you're a new user but you should consider taking an hour out and reading the online manual. Many of the questions you are asking could be resolved there.

Posted Mon 29 Aug 22 @ 2:43 pm
Thanks. I do go through the manual first but some things I am having trouble understanding unfortunately especially when it comes to any networking issues, that is a killer for me. Like the issue of viewing the Automix pane on my phone, even with VDJ's tech support and their instructions is not working on my end, so far.

Posted Mon 29 Aug 22 @ 3:14 pm

Posted Mon 29 Aug 22 @ 3:45 pm
Yes I did try clicking on the tunes and nothing happened. Funny thing was with the folder in question I had it on both laptop and on a flash drive and tried both sources but was the same deal.

Posted Mon 29 Aug 22 @ 4:37 pm
can someone help me how to get into the server..
it said cant find the server when i try to log in.

Posted Tue 30 Aug 22 @ 6:43 am
Check your wifi connection

Have you previously ran a cracked version?

Posted Tue 30 Aug 22 @ 7:20 am