Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: No video playback
CIRE434ControlleristMember since 2022
So I've dusted of an old DJ controller to slowly get my groove back,lol, and recently tried to mix some music videos I had on file but they show up and freeze immediately. Audio still plays. . I'm running 64bit vdj with laptop which is fairly up to date. Sure it's something I overlooked but I tried for a day now asking for assistance.

Posted Sun 28 Aug 22 @ 7:23 pm
Well now nothing shows just plays audio. Was hoping to video mix this weekend. Guess it's back to the trusting vinyl. Thanks

Posted Wed 31 Aug 22 @ 11:07 pm
Well I was told my computer does not have the proper dedicated memory video card in order to mix video. So who could tell me what a proper one is please. All I know is the processor which is AMD Ryzen 5 3500 with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz

Posted Fri 02 Sep 22 @ 10:57 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
That should work fine. What happens exactly when you turn on the video output in vdj?
Do you see the vdj logo? Do shaders and slideshow work?

Posted Sat 03 Sep 22 @ 5:05 am
Shaders, stems and such are all new to me. All I know is I have 2 videos that will play. All others will freeze the first second of video frame while the audio plays. Looked at the properties of videos and see nothing different, so far. . Just to add I use to video mix some years ago before all the extra effects been added and yes it was a different laptop with Nvidia but still this is frustrating.

Posted Sat 03 Sep 22 @ 3:44 pm
nvm

Posted Sat 03 Sep 22 @ 5:38 pm
Well I've discovered it's something within the videos from when they where downloaded and or transferred to ext. hdd and I say this because I connected another ext.hdd and movies and music videos all play fine. So now I'm looking to hopefully convert the videos since it would take months trying to redownload.

Posted Mon 05 Sep 22 @ 2:10 pm
convert them to what format suing what program may i ask?

Posted Tue 29 Nov 22 @ 3:48 pm