Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Denon 7000 Crossfader issue, I replaced the fader, now the fader doesn't work from deck to deck
mnmdjgbPRO InfinityMember since 2013
When I go to the left or right with the crossfader, nothing happens. The sound is full on both channels.
The sound faders work, but the crossfader isn't assigning the decks to one side or the other.

Posted Fri 26 Aug 22 @ 2:08 pm
Maybe just needs reseated.

Posted Fri 26 Aug 22 @ 2:31 pm
mnmdjgb wrote :
When I go to the left or right with the crossfader, nothing happens.

To troubleshoot the issue:

1) When looking at the Mapping interface in VDJ, does the crossfader output values from 0.00 (Left) to 1.00 (Right) ? (and Mapping: CROSSFADER, w action of "crossfader") If so does the software crossfader then move correctly as one moves the crossfader on the MC7000.

2) Are the 4 crossfader "assign" switches (above each of the volume faders) in the correct positions? IE are the 4 switches NOT in their center position, (the Thru, position) and does the software show the expected crossfader assigns? (use the crossfader menu dot to hide or display crossfader assigns in software)

If the crossfader is outputing expected values with its movement, and the software has the crossfader assigns correct, then it should work.

Posted Fri 26 Aug 22 @ 2:34 pm
mnmdjgbPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Just fixed it, yes the fader was assigned to THRU, instead of A on left, and B on right.
I replaced the fader, and didn't realize the settings had been changed. Thank you for the HELP!

Posted Fri 26 Aug 22 @ 2:40 pm
Awesome :) Gotta Love the MC7000 !

Curious was the replacement easy to do, and what did you choose for the replacement.

Wanted to learn, from your experience, for when I may need to do the same.

Posted Fri 26 Aug 22 @ 2:45 pm