Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: KEY affect the scratch sound
GhuiTHome userMember since 2022
Why does KEY (master tempo) affect the scratch sound, it's not logical to imitation vinyl. The scratch sound on real vinyl does not depend on the pitch.

Posted Fri 26 Aug 22 @ 5:41 am
To clarify: the button on controller is the keylock (MT is displayed on the skin)

Posted Fri 26 Aug 22 @ 10:36 am
A real turntable doesn't have keylock

Posted Fri 26 Aug 22 @ 4:48 pm
wickedmix yes. So what?

Posted Fri 26 Aug 22 @ 11:57 pm
@Wickedmix, some real turntables do have key lock.

To answer op, though. If you were previously a Serato user, Serato smart disables key lock when you’re scratching. That’s why you’ll notice a slight delay for really tiny scribbles if keylock is engaged.

I personally like having the difference in sound with keylock on or off in VDJ. Just one more way to manipulate the sound. My advice, map the keylock to a button close to your thumb. In my case, the flux button on my z2 is mapped to keylock.

Posted Sat 27 Aug 22 @ 12:05 am
anto.lonso86

For the user, at least you need to make a choice in the settings, how does KEY affect on scratch.

But by default, it should not affect the sound, because scratch implies manual sound control.

User must understand exactly that his hand will always have the same sound when scratching, regardless of the tonality. Like on real vinyl

Posted Sat 27 Aug 22 @ 1:07 am
and in the skin you need to split so that the KEY or MT is reflected

Posted Sun 28 Aug 22 @ 2:34 am