Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Two independent browsers
so that you can create playlists properly, you should be able to start two independent browsers

Posted Mon 22 Aug 22 @ 11:39 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What is not proper about the current way?

Posted Mon 22 Aug 22 @ 1:46 pm
@Adion
So that I could explain that to you, we would have to sit next to each other in front of the PC, then you would see how cumbersome it is to create a playlist of around 30,000 titles.

This would be much easier if you could open two independent browsers!!

Posted Mon 22 Aug 22 @ 2:05 pm
You know that you can stick the playlist you are editing in the sideview?

Posted Mon 22 Aug 22 @ 2:17 pm
Benz Werner wrote :
create a playlist of around 30,000 titles.

That's one hell of a long gig. I do 5 hours maximum :)

Posted Mon 22 Aug 22 @ 2:33 pm
Even if you take only 1 second to choose each song, you'd still need 8 hours non-stop to create the playlist.

So it seems like it should be possible to explain the process you are using now, and the process of how you think you'd use 2 browsers in just a few lines of text.

Posted Mon 22 Aug 22 @ 2:40 pm
Unfortunately, I expressed myself wrongly, I have a total of 30,000 titles and I use them to create my playlists with a maximum of 200 titles per list.

Posted Mon 22 Aug 22 @ 3:08 pm
Why does that require two browsers (in your opinion)?

I'm not aware of any other DJ or library software has two browsers.

Posted Mon 22 Aug 22 @ 4:47 pm
Benz Werner wrote :
@Adion
So that I could explain that to you, we would have to sit next to each other in front of the PC, then you would see how cumbersome it is to create a playlist of around 30,000 titles.

This would be much easier if you could open two independent browsers!!

Hola apreciado colega no le parece que 30.000 archivos es mucho para una lista de reproducción? Eso es más que un concierto diría yo muy respetuosamente.

Posted Sat 27 Aug 22 @ 2:58 pm
Please either post in English here, or use the Spanish forum area.

Posted Sat 27 Aug 22 @ 3:07 pm
groovindj wrote :

In fact, rekordbox has two browsers even since their older version.
If you have worked with it once you will miss it once its not there.
The best example is to compare folders.
But you can also get a better workflow when it comes to CDJ-Sticks or creating playlists and overall managing a large amount of files and folders.

Having two browsers is an excellent idea and if I'm remembering right there is something like <browser1> & <browser2> commands... But as I tried them it turned out that both browsers do exactly the same. You don't have to implement a second browser in the default skin, but maybe you could kindly give us the ability to do it for ourselves in our own skins.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 23 @ 2:32 am
andy-chiles wrote :
groovindj wrote :

In fact, rekordbox has two browsers even since their older version.
If you have worked with it once you will miss it once its not there.
The best example is to compare folders.
But you can also get a better workflow when it comes to CDJ-Sticks or creating playlists and overall managing a large amount of files and folders.

Having two browsers is an excellent idea and if I'm remembering right there is something like <browser1> & <browser2> commands... But as I tried them it turned out that both browsers do exactly the same. You don't have to implement a second browser in the default skin, but maybe you could kindly give us the ability to do it for ourselves in our own skins.

+1

Posted Wed 30 Aug 23 @ 7:10 am
Based on what you have described that you want to do, you can already do it by doing what @Adion said (stick the playlist you are editing in the side view and drag from the main browser as necessary).

I came from Rekordbox too so I know the feature you are talking about...however for what you are describing, this is not a deficiency in VirtualDJ, rather than you just learning to do it the VirtualDj way (which is roughly equivalent, and (arguably) even more to the point).

Posted Wed 30 Aug 23 @ 3:36 pm