Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Wave form skips and lags bounces after update Music also skips pops
After updating VDJ The wave form Now skips, jumps, the music pops/clicks....skips. I have tried:
- making VDJ a priority in the task manager
- rolling back VDj
- Allocating the CPU to highest priority
- switching the mathengine to CPU
- Changing the skin refresh from 20 to 80 and everything inbetween
- spent about 6 hours downloading and updating the drivers for the GPU, Sound Card, BIOS, everything is updated.
Still no avail. Tried to turn off wireless, restarting, switching sound cards, you name it, I can't get it to now work properly.

Here is my computer details:

Device name ALIENWARE X17 R1
Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11980HK @ 2.60GHz 3.30 GHz
Installed RAM 64.0 GB (63.6 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎6/‎1/‎2022
OS build 22000.708
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.708.0

I'm lost and I have a performance tomorrow and an even larger performance in 3 weeks Infront of about 10K. I cant have this messing up.

What can I do?

Posted Sat 23 Jul 22 @ 3:07 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Did you make sure to remove Dell Assistant or similar?

Posted Sat 23 Jul 22 @ 5:09 am
Adion wrote :
Did you make sure to remove Dell Assistant or similar?

YES!
Sort of got it working better, but not like it was.
So my old computer was a clean install of windows, NO bloat ware. So I employ 21 DJs, 3 Techs, 2 engineers, and one is a also computer engineer. He found as I updated this computer, NVIDIA decided it wanted to install THEIR audio and change all my audio. VDJ doesn't play nice with NVIDIA. So I had to install every virus that NVIDIA is, keep the display drivers and get rid of everything NVIDIA.
So then I uninstalled my Realtek audio drivers and whipped the computer clean of them. Restarted, the reinstalled the one for my Dell. Restarted again and what do you know, VDJ is back to working and the head phones work and such. I have an MCX8000 I use too, so hopefully that will help with the audio drivers connecting with that. He found that VDJ can not run two audio drivers, even is one is disabled. Two sound cards with their OWN drivers, yes, but if your computer has two audio programs, VDJ doesn't play good with them.
New computers suck!

But it helped, the songs still have a skip at times. Not as bad, and the wave forms lag a little, but not as bad.

Posted Sat 23 Jul 22 @ 6:37 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Do you use Asio or wasapi exclusive mode for audio?

Posted Sat 23 Jul 22 @ 9:20 am
I also have an Alienware and have no issues whatsoever with audio, with NVIDIA drivers and software installed.

You say that you use an MCX8000 "too" - which implies you're also using something else. What?

Also, as you mention "two audio drivers" and "two audio programs" what else are you running?

Posted Sun 24 Jul 22 @ 6:52 am