Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Where is the database.xml file gone.
Because i use external drives each external drive there would have a older called virtualdj and in it there used to a file called databse.xml. but after the latest release i can not see the virtualdj folder that used to reside on the external drive. Has it been moved & where it not kept?

Posted Thu 07 Jul 22 @ 7:04 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Still the same. If VirtualDJ can write to the drive the database is stored in the VirtualDJ folder and still called database.xml
If VDJ cannot write to the drive, it will store the entries in the database.xml in Documents\VirtualDJ

Posted Thu 07 Jul 22 @ 8:02 am
Thanks for the reply. I have seen the database.xml file in the documents/virtualdj/database.xml in the Mac book pro. Do you think it would be better for me to copy the same into a folder virtualdj/database.xml in the external drive? Will this cause problems for the software? For years I used to see it in the external drive earlier and it's not showing now. I know this because have opened the file with a text editor and used to modify it when required.

Posted Thu 07 Jul 22 @ 6:21 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
No need to copy anything manually, but you could check why VDJ can't write to the drive.
Check the external drive permissions and also check if the drive is formatted as NTFS perhaps

Posted Fri 08 Jul 22 @ 5:58 am