Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Is anybody using VDJ without Apple Music/iTunes?
Hi all!

After the Apple Music apo has screwed up my music library again I decided not to use Apple Music/iTunes anymore.

I just moved my music to another folder and changed the path in the database files. So Apple Music/ iTunes has no longer access to these files.

I wonder if there are people out there who also avoid the Apple app and found ways to manage their library, editing tags, create playlists etc.

If so, are you only relying on virtual DJ or did you replace Apple Music/iTunes with another app that organizes the files?

Curious…

Ah, I’m on a Macbook Pro M1

Posted Mon 23 May 22 @ 7:20 pm
Edit, just read you use M1. Can't help.

Posted Mon 23 May 22 @ 7:56 pm
have NEVER used apple music

Posted Mon 23 May 22 @ 8:01 pm
I have try from Media Monkey, to ITunes and etc etc you name it, until I created my own set of mappings for preparation. Ever since (about 8-10 years) I only use VDJ for everything preparation related; move files, create folder and sub folders, create filter structure and folder & virtual folder structures; set hotcues, save loops, remix points, color tracks... you name it.

Best way to start is by using the VDJ database plugin created by Dj IN Norway, there is nothing better than that. From there you customize it to your using.

my2cents

Posted Tue 24 May 22 @ 11:18 am