Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Online searches not showing everything
i use Tidal and Beatsource

when i go to search a song it's not showing all availible songs. What i mean by this is, I go to search something like "ice nine kills" and the song "Hunting Season" is not showing up in any of the searches in online cataloges, but i know its in the Tidal cataloge bc it shows up in the "new Metal" playlist on titdal (both in its app and in the playlist i favorited to the VDJ list. Tried this with a few other newer songs and get the exact same result, they are not showing up in searches.

Posted Fri 08 Apr 22 @ 1:42 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
with
Hunting Season Ice
it will show up, tidal is weird I've had results show by capitalisation, not sure what the answer is.

Posted Fri 08 Apr 22 @ 2:11 am
locodog wrote :
with
Hunting Season Ice
it will show up, tidal is weird I've had results show by capitalisation, not sure what the answer is.

its like VDJ is limiting the search results, i have to put in the full thing, but if i just put in the artist name, it only give me a very small amount from that artist and a bunch with the other words in the artist name. does that same with beatsource too with other artist

Posted Fri 08 Apr 22 @ 6:00 am
I had this same issue tonight, though even a little worse than your experience. Actually much worse. It was my first event(wedding dance) on my own without shaddowing another DJ or another DJ shaddowing me. I was given a playlist, but from Spotify. I'm using VDJ 2021, so no longer connecting to Spotify. I purchase a 3rd party app to convert, but didnt have enough time to wait for the conversions, so i'm searching for each song in this 3hr playlist that the bride wants me to play. I found out that some would show up, but for the most part. It was 50/50 whether they were the actual artist or Karaoke/Remixed versions of the artist and not at all what i was looking for. I've asked the other DJs, been searching online. I've got nothing in what happened and why.. I've been using the same platform for months and never experienced this issue. I go to do my first event and of course.. all fires from hell and beyond take over and destroy any chance of being in control of what i could and could not do.

Any ideas!?

Posted Sun 28 Aug 22 @ 9:08 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
-It is not very smart to show up as dj for a wedding and just get the playlist at that time. This should be part of your preparation
-I don't think it's very smart to rely only on an online service, you should have build a base catalog of songs that you bring with you that would at least allow you to do a decent job for the party you have been asked for
-Beyond that, online services can be a great addition for requests at the event itself
-You didn't mention which service you tried to use in VirtualDJ
iDJPool is great for newer songs and offers custom dj edits and remixes for many songs, but it doesn't have everything
For a very broad catalog similar to Spotify, Deezer or Tidal are probably better choices.

Posted Sun 28 Aug 22 @ 9:44 am